Looking for a quality racing wheel for 200-300ish USD

Silly Ducklings
Go to solution Solved by GlassBomb,

Yeah, but i really like how you can interchange the wheels on the thrustmaster TX, especially the F1 wheel, which i can see myself buying one day if i get really into it.

Not sure it justifies the pretty large price difference though... (like 75 or so USD from amazon)

I say, if you really got into it, then you would probably want the clutch and shifter. And you are able to change the wheel on the G27 as well.

Maybe not to a 'fancy' ($150) F1 wheel, but many actual racing wheels can be bolted on to the G27 with a cheap adapter.

I have no clue what to look for to be honest.  I know what force feedback is, and that you want it on a wheel, but that's about it...  I've looked into the thrustmaster TX 458 italia edition a little, and it looks to be pretty good, but i want to get something that will last me like 5 years, so i want to be sure what i'm getting is excellent.  A detachable wheel is a pretty big plus, unless the original wheel that comes with it is a really good one.  

I know just about everything there is to know about keyboards, but absolutely nothing about racing wheels.  So any help would be greatly appreciated. :P

What about the Logitech G27?

A wheel loved and praised by many.

Yeah, but i really like how you can interchange the wheels on the thrustmaster TX, especially the F1 wheel, which i can see myself buying one day if i get really into it.

Not sure it justifies the pretty large price difference though... (like 75 or so USD from amazon)

Fanatec make absolutely amazing wheels and accessories but they also destroy your bank account. If you need pedals and a wheel then you could look at the 911 GT3 RS wheel ($180) and the CSR Pedals ($80). The force feedback on the wheels is really good for the money (I am using my friend's GT3 at the moment until general availability of the insanely expensive hub).

The only problem is that at this price point, the wheels aren't detachable. You would have to spend ~ $600 for the base and anywhere from $100-400 for separate wheels. I also have the Clubsport V2 pedals and oh my are they gorgeous!

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

I say, if you really got into it, then you would probably want the clutch and shifter. And you are able to change the wheel on the G27 as well.

Maybe not to a 'fancy' ($150) F1 wheel, but many actual racing wheels can be bolted on to the G27 with a cheap adapter.