The path to go for the system?

I have this currently (profile is outdated because I am lazy) http://pcpartpicker.com/user/halogeek52%40gmail.com/saved/cdMmP6.

I am getting a FREE GTX 780 from Nvidia because the 960 died. I will have $800 then. Do I get a 4790k now and another 780 (and new PSU)? Or sell the 780 for a 970 and get two of those? Should I wait until the new desktop Intel processors and get that with either another 780 or 970 SLI. Thanks, Covert.

I would say definitely go for an i5, don't go for an i7 unless you do editing or what not. I would maybe get some new ram, but that's really up to you. The 780 is still really good and runs with the 970 so theres no really reason to replace it. I would also upgrade your psu to 550 or 600 watts.

I would say definitely go for an i5, don't go for an i7 unless you do editing or what not. I would maybe get some new ram, but that's really up to you. The 780 is still really good and runs with the 970 so theres no really reason to replace it. I would also upgrade your psu to 550 or 600 watts.

I do edit videos a fair bit. I would only consider the 970 over the 780 because with DX12 you can combine SLI RAM and VR will work better with Maxwell. The RAM I have is fine for now. I want to know if I should get a 4790k now or wait for the next gen processors. Also, do you think the new Intel processors will require DDR4? Thanks.

I do edit videos a fair bit. I would only consider the 970 over the 780 because with DX12 you can combine SLI RAM and VR will work better with Maxwell. The RAM I have is fine for now. I want to know if I should get a 4790k now or wait for the next gen processors. Also, do you think the new Intel processors will require DDR4? Thanks.

Well, then the i7 would be worth it. Having had a quick look around on ebay and craiglists it seems that the 780 still sells for around 300 so if you want to go for it, you could sell it and get a 970. Consdiering how Broadwell will probably come about halfway into 2015, If you can wait I would wait but, if you need it now go for the 4790k. I don't think the new processors will require ddr4. It's still quite expensive so it would'nt really make any sense for intel to restrict their cpu's.

Well, then the i7 would be worth it. Having had a quick look around on ebay and craiglists it seems that the 780 still sells for around 300 so if you want to go for it, you could sell it and get a 970. Consdiering how Broadwell will probably come about halfway into 2015, If you can wait I would wait but, if you need it now go for the 4790k. I don't think the new processors will require ddr4. It's still quite expensive so it would'nt really make any sense for intel to restrict their cpu's.

Thanks. I'll try to convince my dad to let me get the 4790k. It is the highest rated CPU on pcpartpicker. I think the 970 is worth it, too. 

Screw that, I can get a 5820k and 970 for $1000 without needing a new PSU. I'll tell my dad that an equivalent processor cost $1000 last year (the 4960x). It's a workstation CPU for $300. Freaking bargain. I have a Microcenter only 20 minutes from me. 

Screw that, I can get a 5820k and 970 for $1000 without needing a new PSU. I'll tell my dad that an equivalent processor cost $1000 last year (the 4960x). It's a workstation CPU for $300. Freaking bargain. I have a Microcenter only 20 minutes from me. 

Have fun with your new beast of a pc.

You do realize that if you get the 5820k you'll also need a x99 mobo and Ddr 4 ram ?

People be looking for a reason to flame.

You do realize that if you get the 5820k you'll also need a x99 mobo and Ddr 4 ram ?

$1300 all in with a GTX 980 http://pcpartpicker.com/p/y8fkyc