4k scaling issues

Hobojo152
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,

A laptop display doesn't have a scaler, so you'll have to set the GPU to do the scaling if possible. You'd have to look around in the Intel/AMD/NVIDIA control panel for an option to switch to GPU scaling.

So I just got a new laptop with a 4k display. Issue is that I have to run games a 4k otherwise they appear in a small box in the middle of the screen. Anyone know of a way to fix this. 

So I just got a new laptop with a 4k display. Issue is that I have to run games a 4k otherwise they appear in a small box in the middle of the screen. Anyone know of a way to fix this. 

What laptop do you have?

try selecting full screen windowed in the game options. 

this is the only trouble with slapping a 4k screen on a device that can only handle 4k for basic tasks.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Changing the Windows resolution doesn't help. Most games still treat it as a 4k screen.

try selecting full screen windowed in the game options. 

this is the only trouble with slapping a 4k screen on a device that can only handle 4k for basic tasks.

I got it so that I could watch 4k video/ play some games in 4k.

I got it so that I could watch 4k video/ play some games in 4k.

lol then play the games in 4k and just learn to live with lower quality visual settings. 4k is a compromise even on high end sli/x fire desktops. were ahead of ourselves in tech!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb