ITX size GTX 970 Waterblock

Are there any waterblocks out there for itx sized gtx 970 cards? Either the ASUS of the Gigabyte ones

Or which full-size card is the shortest with a water block (EK, Alphacool,...)

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I posted more information about my overall build in a response below

I'v never heard of itx water blocks... but i don't know that much about them. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Check EK's cooling config to see what blocks are out there for what cards

The reference 970 is pretty close to ITX size though so maybe that will do?

You could probably mod it, Just screwing on a CPU waterblock(Or a closed loop watercooler) with thermal paste inbetween where the fan is(And grinding off the fins under it, And make sure it is as close to 100% flat as humanly possible) on the ASUS model would probably cut it.

Edited by Johannes_Lazor

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Are there any waterblocks out there for itx sized gtx 970 cards? Either the ASUS of the Gigabyte ones

Thanks for any help!

970s aren't "ITX sized". They're smaller PCBs compared to the 980, but they're modeled after the same board as the GTX 670, meaning if yours is a reference board, any GTX 670 block should work, and the 970 blocks that manufacturers are putting out are basically just re-branded 670 blocks.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

970s aren't "ITX sized". They're smaller PCBs compared to the 980, but they're modeled after the same board as the GTX 670, meaning if yours is a reference board, any GTX 670 block should work, and the 970 blocks that manufacturers are putting out are basically just re-branded 670 blocks.

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5252#ov

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX970DCMOC4GD5/

The 670 blocks might work, But i doubt it.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Neither of those are reference cards, so no, you're likley not going to find a block for either.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

Neither of those are reference cards, so no, you're likley not going to find a block for either.

Thats why you should read the question. @tf5000 asked if there was any waterblocks for those 2 cards.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Thanks for any help!

No full cover blocks for either of the ITX cards you mention. EK ahs a full cover 970 block for the ones that use a short PCB. The list of compatible models with their short 970 water block is http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/waterblock/3831109869413

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

Thats why you should read the question. @tf5000 asked if there was any waterblocks for those 2 cards.

And that's why you should look look at previous comments. tf5000 asked if there were blocks for "ITX-sized" 970s. I said that if the cards were reference -- since specific models were now referenced, I was able to determine whether they were or not -- then any GTX 670 block would work, that there's no such thing as an "ITX-sized" 970 since reference 970s are shorter PCBs like the GTX 670 and 660.

P.S There is tl;dr at the end if you are too lazy

Hey guys, thanks for all of your help! I would like to add some more info to perhaps help clear some of the smoke. I will be putting the card in a bitfenix prodigy m on an mATX board. If any of you know anything about that case, the power supply affects your gpu length, especially with modular or semi-modular psu's, I have a semi-modular one from EVGA (NEX 750B), which is about 165mm. I am hoping to eventually have 2 970s in SLI with waterblocks and SLI fittings.

I think usually a waterblock is shorter than the original cooler, so either an itx sized 970, like the ones Johannes_Lazor linked above:

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5252#ov

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX970DCMOC4GD5/

Or the shortest reference or non-reference card with a waterblock installed on it, this link from Overclock3d.com has information on the approxiamte size constraints with a semi-modualr 160mm PSU, however mine looks to be 165mm from Newegg's length spec

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/bitfenix_prodigy_m_review/6

Basically, I wanted to go with "ITX" sized cards to be sure i didn't have any issues with the PSU getting in the way, and I plan to watercool them in the near future, so it is moot if there are no waterblocks on the market for those cards

TL;DR: I am looking for itx or the smallest full size gtx 970s that have compatible waterblocks on the market to fit in SLI in a bitfenix prodigy m

Thanks again for all of your help guys! You're an awesome community to be a part of!

Again, any reference GTX 970 is going to work because of how short the PCB is. Here's the compatibility list for EK's GTX 970 full-cover block: http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/waterblock/3831109869390One of those cards should work fine for what you're planning to do. They're also about a short as PCBs come for graphics cards.

Would the either of the itx-sized cards fit this waterblock from EK?

http://www.ekwb.com/news/546/19/EK-introduces-short-type-GeForce-GTX-970-water-block/

Or, are there any shorter reference gtx 970s than EVGA's (241.3mm)

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=04G-P4-1970-KR

EDIT: I think I am going to use the EVGA card, because the 240mm includes a large amount of overhang from the cooler, it appears ti use the short PCB design that EK makes the waterblock for

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

In case anyone desperatly googles the topic of waterblocks for itx cards. I have the Asus GTX 970 Mini (GTX970-DCMOC-4GD5). I searched long and hard for a compatible water block. Just when I was about to give up, I somehow came across one company in China that has made one. I don't know how much people trust aliexpress.com, but that's where I've found to order it from. I'm still kind of skeptical of the site... but it's been around long enough, and i'm desperate enough that I'm taking my chances.

Brand is: Bykski

Model is: N-AS97MI-X

Here's a link to purchase: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7124043419.html

Manufacture link (google translated) http://www.bykski.com/index.php?_m=mod_product&_a=view&p_id=1472

When ordering they had a comment section for the seller. I sent in a comment that I was worried it wouldn't fit my card... I didn't realize that Aliexpress has a way for sellers to contact you, and I received a message from them within and hour asking for specifics of my card so they could check. I sent them all the info, including an overlay I made with a picture of my gpu board, with their water cooler overlayed. The screw holes match, but there were a few area's I was worried about. They messaged back saying they have fixed those issues and will send me an updated picture.

It's going to take 30 days for it to arrive on free shipping... But when/if I get an updated picture from them, and once it arrives, I'll update this post.

Just wanted to share the information! Since I thought all hope was lost for being a weirdo that ordered a cool tiny card. I need to stop doing this to myself... lol

post-278405-0-42768300-1448509386_thumb.

Also, just so everyone knows. The Asus 970 GTX is NOT a reference design. per-say. It's a unique Asus proprietary design. That's why it's so hard to find a compatible water block.  It's not just a shorter PCB, they moved a few things around to make it fit, and included an 8 pin power connecter, while other "itx" sized high performance cards seem to have two 6 pin connectors. 

Over all, my Asus gtx 970 mini has been awesome! I never would have fit in the dell I purchased used locally if I hadn't had gotten this shorter card. I have a much larger case now, but no sense in trying to sell it for a different card. In the future, I plan to upgrade to a 980ti, and will keep the 970 for PhysX processing anyway. So I'll still want to water cool it either way.

I'm just lucky I came across one that fits! Can't wait to post more pictures. I'll create a new thread with my build once I get things done.

Updated pictures as promised. Now I can't wait until it arrives.

post-278405-0-30505100-1448684619.jpg

post-278405-0-52689900-1448684627.jpg

Those block look like EK/Bitspower ones. They still look nice, though. Besides EK doesn't make blocks for the GIGABYTE ITX and ASUS Turbo/DCMOC 970s

NEED X58 BOARD WITH SATA3 ASAP

• 2 months later...
On 3/5/2015 at 2:18 PM, tf5000 said:

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I posted more information about my overall build in a response below

AlphaCool makes custom blocks, you'll need to send them your gpu. They'll give you that waterblock for free.

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...