Republicans’ “Internet Freedom Act” would wipe out net neutrality

marsha-blackburn-640x480.jpg

Internet providers need the freedom to block and throttle Internet traffic.

Sigh. 

I mean...

I've got nothing. This is a new level of stupid by the Republicans, and I've often been amazed at the stupid either side can pull off. You don't need a PhD to figure out where these people are getting their PAC money from (Ars however is nice and tells us just how much this one person got from ISPs). 

I hope Tom Wheeler shows up in court and beats these clowns a new one. Hell, even showing up in Congress would suffice. I can't believe the misinformation that people are spreading with regards to net neutrality and even worse are the people who are soaking up that misinformation and spreading it further. 

And yes, that quote was in comic sans. Why? Say stupid things, get stupid fonts. Thats why. 

“Once the federal government establishes a foothold into managing how Internet service providers run their networks they will essentially be deciding which content goes first, second, third, or not at all," Blackburn said in an announcement yesterday. "My legislation will put the brakes on this FCC overreach and protect our innovators from these job-killing regulations.”

In the latest election cycle, Blackburn received $25,000 from an AT&T political action committee (PAC), $20,000 from a Comcast PAC, $20,000 from a cable industry association PAC, and $15,000 from a Verizon PAC, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

Blackburn's legislation would also wipe out the FCC's decision to reclassify broadband as a common carrier service subject to some of the Title II obligations imposed on wireline telephone and mobile voice. But while Internet providers and some Republicans have claimed to support net neutrality rules while opposing Title II reclassification, this bill would not leave any network neutrality rules in place. That's not surprising, given that Blackburn has been trying to get rid of net neutrality rules for years.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/03/republicans-internet-freedom-act-would-wipe-out-net-neutrality/

"The internet freedom of ISP-s : screw the users"

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

ok im tired of this

just dont kill steam and u can take away everything

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Omg enough with this bullshit. Saying ISPs should be allowed to throttle internet traffic is like saying car companies should be able to make traffic lights turn green faster for their cars. Such stupidity in this little rock...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Net Neutrality is the first step in taking their guns away.

I am kidding of course.

How has the telephone regulation worked out? Are they still censoring phone calls down there? Doesn't happen? Then shut up.

For the people... How quaint.

I'm not so much annoyed at the bribery happening, but that it is so cheap. It cost 80,000 dollars to get that legislation introduced to Congress. Comcast could lose that behind a sofa and not even notice.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Omg enough with this bullshit. Saying ISPs should be allowed to throttle internet traffic is like saying car companies should be able to make traffic lights turn green faster for their cars. Such stupidity in this little rock...

That's actually a pretty good analogy.

InB4 Republican h8

Oh wait, too late.

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

InB4 Republican h8

Oh wait, too late.

Yeah you're way too late for that lol.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

She's about to ruin it for her own constituents. Does she even know what's going on in Chattanooga? 

If the Republicans want to stop getting hate, they need to stop doing stupid crap. 

I guess that's why Democrats still control the House and Senate? Or did they get booted for forcing us to go buy a product from a private company? Imagine how people would be pissed off if we were forced to buy 'internet' from Comcast or TWC yet that's what they did with medical insurance. But being forced to buy insurance from a private company is ok?

And anyone in the House can propose a bill. Doesn't mean the entire party supports that bill. The vast majority of bills never even come up for a general vote on the floor because they never make it through committee. 

Both parties are screwed up and don't have the people's interest in mind. Its all about cronyism, donors, kickbacks, and outright corruption. 

No, just no, I already get shitty internet, I already get throttled, it's terrible. Let me go to your house, and throttle the connection on every single device on your network to 1Mb/s down. See how quick you get pissed off.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

No doubt republicans want to destroy the world.

No, that would be counter intuitive, they just want to own it, control it and make lots of money from it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

This makes me not want to vote Republican in 2020. Though nobody else is better, so whatever.

#Centristmasterrace

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

This makes me not want to vote Republican in 2020. Though nobody else is better, so whatever.

Vote for me. 

I'll make you Secretary of Awesome. 

Vote for me. 

I'll make you Secretary of Awesome.

OK! What party are you? :P

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650