Asus DirectCU II 780 Waterblock?

Go to solution Solved by TaBandit87,

A reference block wouldn't fit on the ASUS 780 http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/step1_complist 

And for the Poseidon you should be able to push it a tad more under water. I wouldn't push it to far without a real block on it.

So, I'm building my own custom loop. The component list of the parts I hope to cool for my build is below. I was wondering if I could liquid cool an Asus DirectCU II gtx 780 with a waterblock meant for a reference design. Is the Asus 780 set up the same way as a reference card, or would I need to find a special waterblock if I wanted to cool it? This is my secondary card, so would I even benefit from liquid cooling it? (I have already lightly overclocked it, but if I cool it, I would push it even more.) I have the loop mostly planned out, I just need to know about the block. Also, I built this system over a year ago, so they may not be the choice of parts now, but, at the time, they were.

Parts to Cool:

i7 4770k

Asus Poseidon GTX 780

Asus DirectCU II GTX 780

Other Important Hardware:

Asus Maximus VI Hero

Kingston 60GB SSDNow V300

2TB WD Red

Rosewill RBR1000-M

A reference block wouldn't fit on the ASUS 780 http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/step1_complist 

And for the Poseidon you should be able to push it a tad more under water. I wouldn't push it to far without a real block on it.

Am I the only one around here who really doesn't like pcpartpicker?
I also like Ubisoft and Origin/EA          
Guess I'm just odd that way.

HATER OF MAIL IN REBATES!

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

not sure if you can still get them but the EK waterblooks work really well i have one on my Asus 780 ACII you can check my build log if you want to see it there. going to do a upfdate there to soon when i have to replace a res in my h-240x.

Needs Update