Good idea for Kickstarter?

asim1999

I have a great idea for Kickstarter, as you may have heard from my previous posts, i am planning to build a modded watercooled PC. Now i have a bigger idea. I might turn to kickstarter to fulfil that and to make a limited run of WIFI RGB PC LED systems to buy or give away. Is this a good idea?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

according to kick starter rules you cant do that

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I have a great idea for Kickstarter, as you may have heard from my previous posts, i am planning to build a modded watercooled PC. Now i have a bigger idea. I might turn to kickstarter to fulfil that and to make a limited run of WIFI RGB PC LED systems to buy or give away. Is this a good idea?

No. Do it on GoFundMe. Kickstarter isnt the place for this.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

You want to use (or abuse rather) Kickstarter to build a PC?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

You want to use (or abuse rather) Kickstarter to build a PC?

No, to try something new and even give back to the community via mod kits 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

No, to try something new and even give back to the community via mod kits 

That's not a mod kit... you just said sell a PC. That's definitely against T&C

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

That's not a mod kit... you just said sell a PC. That's definitely against T&C

No build a PC WITH the Mod Kit to show it off, and then sell the kit to the community desperately 

The product already exists as I pointed out in your last post, and it would be really hard to make it cheaper, so I wouldn't get your hopes up about getting funded.

I guess your idea is a TINY bit different, but anyone with a molex to DC barrel plug adapter could do the exact same thing.

Not to be a pessimist or anything but this product does exist already as Scheer mentioned, especially in large scale application in bars, nightclubs, or places where they have lots of back lighting or which need to be controller remotely via a wifi based app on a phone or tablet.

http://www.barlighting.com/WiFi-LED-Controller-p/mzc-wifi.htm

http://www.amazon.ca/Wireless-Controller-iPhone-Android-Smartphone/dp/B00EUVDQL0