New build soon hopefully

So ive been running a FX6100, time for a new pc

Intel Build:

CPU- I5 4690k

Motherboard - MSI Z97 Krait Edition

RAM - 32GB HyperX Fury 1866MHz Black and white

SSD- Kingston v300 12GB (Already purchased)

HDD - 3TB Barracuda

GPU - Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce (Already purchased)

Case - Fractual Designs R5 White windowed

PSU - EVGA Supernova 1000w

Cooling - Custom watercool

AMD Build:

CPU - FX-8350

Motherboard - MSI 990FX

RAM - 32GB HyperX Fury 1866MHz Black and white

SSD- Kingston v300 12GB (Already purchased)

HDD - 3TB Barracuda

GPU - Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce (Already purchased)

Case - Fractual Designs R5 White windowed

PSU - EVGA Supernova 1000w

Cooling - Custom watercool

Im leaning towards the amd build cause i do alot of rendering and the extra cores will help

I was going to say "avoid the kingston V300", but I guess it's too late...

Anyway, get rid of that 1000w PSU. Get a 500w one (if you don't plan on SLI), or a 650w one if you do. With that money, upgrade the i5 to the i7. If you are short on funds, use the Raijintek Triton as your CPU cooler, so when you get that extra cash to get the custom cooling, you can re-use it as part of your loop.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

The reason why i want the 1000w psu is that i have the option to upgrade to sli if i choose to do

The reason why i want the 1000w psu is that i have the option to upgrade to sli if i choose to do

And that's exactly what I'm telling you. The correct PSU sizes for single and 2-SLI are 500w and 650w. That's the point of peak efficiency.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

And that's exactly what I'm telling you. The correct PSU sizes for single and 2-SLI are 500w and 650w. That's the point of peak efficiency.

the 970 isn't that power efficient.. Go with 750 for sli

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I was going to say "avoid the kingston V300", but I guess it's too late...

Anyway, get rid of that 1000w PSU. Get a 500w one (if you don't plan on SLI), or a 650w one if you do. With that money, upgrade the i5 to the i7. If you are short on funds, use the Raijintek Triton as your CPU cooler, so when you get that extra cash to get the custom cooling, you can re-use it as part of your loop.

Why avoid kingston v300? I just bought one  :o

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

the 970 isn't that power efficient.. Go with 750 for sli

Yes it is. Linus made a video, where he used a 5930k OCed with Gtx 980 OCed, and the load test pulled 240w from the wall (single) and 370w (2-way SLI). Factor in PSU efficiency, and we are looking at around 220w and 330w, which is pretty much 50% of a 500/650w PSU.

My own tests at home also showed around 250w on with CPU and GPU Ocs, as well as 100% fan to avoid variance. Just face it, they are THAT much power efficient.

Yes it is. Linus made a video, where he used a 5930k OCed with Gtx 980 OCed, and the load test pulled 240w from the wall (single) and 370w (2-way SLI). Factor in PSU efficiency, and we are looking at around 220w and 330w, which is pretty much 50% of a 500/650w PSU.

My own tests at home also showed around 250w on with CPU and GPU Ocs, as well as 100% fan to avoid variance. Just face it, they are THAT much power efficient.

wow..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

wow..

I didn't believed it either, until I actually tested it myself, and found out that it was true, these cards do consume very little power.

Technology sure evolves fast....