Java Tutorials

Dobbsjr

I've been wanting to learn Java for a while now, but I can't seem to find any good tutorials. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have programmed before (but not much object-orientation) so the tutorial doesn't have to be a "no previous programming experience required" type of tutorial, but if it is I'll still check out.

Did my post help you? Then make sure to rate it!

Check out my post on symbolic links! || PSU ranking and tiers || Pokemon Thread

Defiantly the new boston is the way to go.

Carbon Fire ITX PCCPU: i7-4770K@3.8Ghz GPU: Asus GTX 660 Cpu Cooler Corsair H80i Mobo: Asus Maximnus VI Impact RAM: Corsair 16gb 1600MHz PSU: Corsair CX500 Modular SSD: 2x120gb HDD: Seagate 2TB Keyboard:Corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G700  Case Modded Bitfenix Prodigy

I am a subscriber of both TheNewBoston and Derek Banas.

Check out Derek. He is not nearly as big but I think he is a much better tutor. His method of programming is very useful for beginners because he does not use a script (not sure if newboston does either) but there is much better flow (imo) to how he creates code.This helps the learner to understand simple but useful practices. He includes a (very) small amount of theory along with writing code which helps, and all of his videos are properly edited for a teaching format (and therefore is shorter due to cutting out unnecessary parts).

I really recommend Derek. He covers many languages and concpets in programming (languages features, general algorithms, design patterns).

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE7E8B7F4856C9B19

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700