Quiet, Cheap, Dependable PSU?

Duzzaaaa

Hey everyone,

On a bit of a tight budget, but know not to cheap out on a PSU. Semi-modular over non-modular would be preferrable, and a unit under 30dB would be great (trying to create a near-silent pc). Will be getting WD Green drive as well which is around 27dB so the HDD won't make too much noise.

I've currently looked at the Corsair CX500M and the Be Quiet 500W L8. They are similar price, but the Be Quiet is in the range 15dB to 27dB from idle to full load, and corsair is 20dB to 40dB from idle to full load, however it is modular which is a big plus for me.

If you know any similarly priced *quiet* and *reliable* power supplies (semi-modular is preferred), do leave a post! maximum of £55 ($80), the cheaper the better, but must be reliable

Hey everyone,

On a bit of a tight budget, but know not to cheap out on a PSU. Semi-modular over non-modular would be preferrable, and a unit under 30dB would be great (trying to create a near-silent pc). Will be getting WD Green drive as well which is around 27dB so the HDD won't make too much noise.

I've currently looked at the Corsair CX500M and the Be Quiet 500W L8. They are similar price, but the Be Quiet is in the range 15dB to 27dB from idle to full load, and corsair is 20dB to 40dB from idle to full load, however it is modular which is a big plus for me.

If you know any similarly priced *quiet* and *reliable* power supplies (semi-modular is preferred), do leave a post! maximum of £55 ($80), the cheaper the better, but must be reliable

That Corsair is absolutely not quiet! go for the Be Quiet also don't trust the noted DB's when comparing. And a general rule do not skimp out on a psu in price and wattage.

I'd go for the Corsair, those CX ones are very popular and might be a bit louder but id rather have some noise and a better PSU.

(PSU is the one thing don't dick around with, don't go for fancy features or all that. get the one with the higher ratings and better reviews in terms of stable and reliable power)

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

XFX XTR 550w was I think like 60 pounds(converted from euros) when I bought it.

If the prices are still the same it might be a good choice.

But it's price has increased at least in Finland.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

If you can go up to around £60, the 530w bequiet! Pure Power is a good choice. Semi modular 80+ bronze. 

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Power+Supplies/Modular+650W+or+less/be+quiet%21+Pure+Power+L8-CM+530W+Silent+Modular+Power+Supply+?productId=57195&source=pcpartpicker

EDIT: The CX series is better in terms of the amount of connectors available though. 

XFX XTR 550w was I think like 60 pounds(converted from euros) when I bought it.

If the prices are still the same it might be a good choice.

But it's price has increased at least in Finland.

Bit more than my price range

Bit more than my price range

Too bad. It's a pretty nice PSU.

80+ gold, seasonic, fully modular, semi passive

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

If you can go up to around £60, the 530w bequiet! Pure Power is a good choice. Semi modular 80+ bronze. 

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Power+Supplies/Modular+650W+or+less/be+quiet%21+Pure+Power+L8-CM+530W+Silent+Modular+Power+Supply+?productId=57195&source=pcpartpicker

EDIT: The CX series is better in terms of the amount of connectors available though. 

This is £71 with delivery

Thats a good find thanks. Not sure I would pay the extra £6 to go from non-modular to semi-modular though, any other options would be great :)

trust me when your building you will regret not going semi modular.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.