Cam for still shots outside

Go to solution Solved by Captain_Slow,

Nikon > Canon

:)

D3200 or D3300 would be my pick

Im helping my sister find a camera to take pictures of her horses, for outside, but i got no clue as for what lense, or body she would want for that.

Well be buying it in spain, so i only know of these two places to look at:

Mediamarkt spain, budget 400 euros:

http://tiendas.mediamarkt.es/camaras-reflex

Amazon spain, budget 330 euros:

http://www.amazon.es/

I thought this cam seemed to have a good prize: http://tiendas.mediamarkt.es/p/camara-reflex-canon-eos-1200d-18-55-dc-1232934

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

i would go for the 100D since the 1200D is junk, altough i would like for a local retailer has it cheaper in store.

the lenses with the 100D are standard, but they are pretty good and will do for most of the things.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

i would go for the 100D since the 1200D is junk, altough i would like for a local retailer has it cheaper in store.

the lenses with the 100D are standard, but they are pretty good and will do for most of the things.

1200D is not too bad for the price. If you don't need a swivel screen and are careful with your stuff then the plastic build is fine. I own one as a B cam and primary for photos and it is well worth it for the price.

1200D is not too bad for the price. If you don't need a swivel screen and are careful with your stuff then the plastic build is fine. I own one as a B cam and primary for photos and it is well worth it for the price.

i got the 1200d myself, but personally i don't really like it myself as main cam, altough i can see it perform pretty well as back-up.

Nikon > Canon

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

Nikon > Canon

Have a look at that, I think he lists some reasons that I would go with Canon for over Nikon. Goes over statistics so it is not too opinion based.

Nikon > Canon

Have a look at that, I think he lists some reasons that I would go with Canon for over Nikon. Goes over statistics so it is not too opinion based.

this to OP, nikon is the current leader on still's, altough its mostly opinion based(amd vs intel, amd vs Nvidea etc) since the details are small or merely noticable.

What is the end goal for these pictures? Print? Internet posting?

Are the horses going to be standing still or in action? What type of action?

What is the end goal for these pictures? Print? Internet posting?

Are the horses going to be standing still or in action? What type of action?

Most likely internet and printed on calendars. Standing still, but shell very likely try in move too.

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

at his budget he won't be worried about lenses in that price range, besides there are tones of good Nikon glass by Nikon and Sigma and Tamaron.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

gonna be the 3200, thanks guys

at his budget he won't be worried about lenses in that price range, besides there are tones of good Nikon glass by Nikon and Sigma and Tamaron.

My point was not the expensive lenses but overall from Nikon. 

My point was not the expensive lenses but overall from Nikon. 

the only thing that Tony had against Nikon was the focus breathing problem with the Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 lens, you'll find that in another of his video he finds that the Nikon D810 completely destroys the 5D Mk III. 

Tony also states in his camera buying guide that the D810 is the best camera for stills period. 

as for nikon lens generally being more expensive, that's just not true, the Canon 24-70mm for instance is $2500 here in Canada and the Nikon 24-70 is only $1700.

sure there are certain nikon lens that are more expensive than their canon equivalent, like the 50mm f1.8g from nikon is $100 more than the one from canon, but the nikon one has a metal mounting ring as opposed to plastic on the canon, and weather sealing, and is way, way sharper than the canon copy.

not to say that nikon cameras generally have better dynamic range and low light performance than similarly priced canons.