Questions About The Widening Nvidia Ecosystem Since Shield Console Announced

So any device branded with NVIDIA SHIELD™ is compatible with NVIDIA GameStream™? So if you have a Shield Portable, Tablet or the yet to be released Shield Console it's gonna be able to stream from your laptop or desktop as long as you have a Kepler or Maxwell GPU? That would be a 650 or higher on the desktop side.

So the Shield devices have their own digital game store that run games natively off the Tegra chips while offering the ability to stream games from your PC as long as you have an Nvidia graphics card.... plus the desktop has to be turned on of course and within range. Are the games capable of being streamed through Nvidia Gamestream from your PC to your device limited by Linux compatibility or does it not matter? I ask this because not all games that work on Windows work on Mac and Linux.

With the Shield console it looks like the sky's the limit through Grid aside from your home network speed being datacap free. They can build up their offsite servers as powerful as they want and with the Shield being 4K 60FPS capable they could offer a service streaming that quality of game down the line as bandwidth gets better.

Valve is set to release Steam Link that's supposed to stream your steam library regardless of having an AMD or Nvidia card. To pick the Link over the Shield would be related to using AMD or not wanting to pay for the X1 chipset or the Grid service.

If the new Nvidia console allows me to have a AAA title running on my desktop in my bedroom but streaming the data to the console/tv in the lounge so i can play it with the shield controller i will buy one strictly for that functionality. I've been using steam streaming but its a little choppy at high resolutions and requires me to have a PC at both ends.

I wouldn't pay for any type of subscription/grid stuff though i like having my own powerful desktop.