Need help with fan setup.

Ekaterian
Go to solution Solved by RazrLeaf,

I am doing push/pull with 4x 140mm fans in the front, paired with a 80mm fan-cooled hard drive box. The rear exhaust is a single 140mm and all fans are four pin PWM.

I am using the ASUS VII Hero if it helps.

Yeah, you have the best motherboard fan control in the industry. Commander mini would be a slight waste of money...

So you have 1 exhaust (3-pin), 4 radiator intake (4-pin), and a 80mm fan? If you're not plugging anything else in to your motherboard's fan headers, you can plug all 6 fans directly in to your motherboard. And if you need the CPU/CPU-OPT headers to control a pump/whatnot, Just buy a PWM splitters or 2, connect push-pull pairs of fans together, and still plug everything in to your motherboard.

I suggest against push/pull if you're using a <30mm radiator. The performance benefits are marginal if you have pressure optimized fans. Are you planning to take out the 5-bay cage while sliding the 3-bay cage closer to the PSU to fit the 280 rad in the front?

I am about to complete my build list and will be using 5 fans in the define r5. However, I was wondering if the Corsair commander mini worked well for PWM fans. Thanks for the help in advance!

Really descriptive title.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Really descriptive title.

And yet it still gets the basic idea across.

That's a cool piece of kit, Love the thermometers! 

I'd sat it'd work well, they dont mention it not having support for pwm, and most of the fan headers are four pinned. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

That's a cool piece of kit, Love the thermometers!

I'd sat it'd work well, they dont mention it not having support for pwm, and most of the fan headers are four pinned.

Thanks for the input, I was only really worried about the software so do you have any experience?

Should work fine dont see anything wrong with it. Just make sure you got good inflow to outflow ratio.

Yes, there will be plenty of positive pressure. 

Thanks for the input!  :D

I am about to complete my build list and will be using 5 fans in the define r5. However, I was wondering if the Corsair commander mini worked well for PWM fans. Thanks for the help in advance!

Depending on your motherboard, you may just want to run all of your fans off your motherboard with the help of a few fan splitters, or a combination of the built in controller and motherboard control. Is that 5 fans including the ones on your CPU cooler or 5 chassis fans alone? I know ASUS motherboards basically have all the functionality of Corsair's Commander Mini built in, but you'd have to buy the thermistors yourself.

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

Depending on your motherboard, you may just want to run all of your fans off your motherboard with the help of a few fan splitters, or a combination of the built in controller and motherboard control. Is that 5 fans including the ones on your CPU cooler or 5 chassis fans alone? I know ASUS motherboards basically have all the functionality of Corsair's Commander Mini built in, but you'd have to buy the thermistors yourself.

I am doing push/pull with 4x 140mm fans in the front, paired with a 80mm fan-cooled hard drive box. The rear exhaust is a single 140mm and all fans are four pin PWM.

Yeah, you have the best motherboard fan control in the industry. Commander mini would be a slight waste of money...

So you have 1 exhaust (3-pin), 4 radiator intake (4-pin), and a 80mm fan? If you're not plugging anything else in to your motherboard's fan headers, you can plug all 6 fans directly in to your motherboard. And if you need the CPU/CPU-OPT headers to control a pump/whatnot, Just buy a PWM splitters or 2, connect push-pull pairs of fans together, and still plug everything in to your motherboard.

I suggest against push/pull if you're using a <30mm radiator. The performance benefits are marginal if you have pressure optimized fans. Are you planning to take out the 5-bay cage while sliding the 3-bay cage closer to the PSU to fit the 280 rad in the front?

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

Thanks for the insightful help!  :) I'll be trying both the link and your solution. Whichever is most efficient will be implemented permanently. Thanks again!  :D

Thanks for the input, I was only really worried about the software so do you have any experience?

I'm afraid not, its the first i'v heard of it :L 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series?