My review of the Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Tablet CTH-470

WamWooWam

Now yes, I do know this tablet was released in 2011 however, I recently dug the thing out of the thing that american weirdos seem to call a "Closet" I decided to plug it in to my Windows 8.1 PC. I thought this would be a fair scenario as Windows 8 is designed for touch anyway.

So firstly, the driver on Windows Update is useless. No pen support and useless touch with no tap to click or multi-touch to be seen which is annoying because that means ether finding the driver CD (which is useless because I have no drive to put it into anyway) or downloading it (on my only slightly better than useless internet connection).

After that it works! Really well infact. So I enabled flicks and promptly turned off Touch because I prefer the pen. After enabling touch mode in Word to make it more usable, I tried the ink feature, which worked fine. One gripe is that it didn't recognise the fact that the pen has an eraser on the other end. Next I tried Windows Journal which again was fine and again no eraser. Then I realised that Chrome doesn't work with flicks and only with the two finger scrolling which I don't like because it makes me feel like I'm on a laptop OR a Mac and I am on nether. I also noticed that it is quite juddery when doing so which is probably more Windows' fault not the tablet's. I also tried Windows 8's touch keyboard which I did NOT get along with because it hides the mouse pointer upon entering it. However I did like the handwriting mode which is perfect size for my (larger than normal) handwriting. It picked up almost everything I tried even when I TRIED to be messy.

Now onto Windows 8 apps.

I tried Mail, Dropbox, Twitter and FreshPaint and in touch mode they worked almost perfectly but I found that the moving up gesture could be a bit sensitive at times. With FreshPaint I used the pen and found that the pressure sensitivity was WAY too sensitive but it did work and that closing apps was hit and miss at best. 

So all in all, I like. It isn't something like dual monitors which I cannot be productive without however it is something that is nice to have.

Should you buy it? Well its only $80 on Amazon however there are newer versions available.

Failed to load signature. Error 404 - Witty comment not found

Yeah i love this product

just fun to fool around with it on photoshop 

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

Yeah i love this product

just fun to fool around with it on photoshop 

I got it with PS Elements so I'm not complaining!

Failed to load signature. Error 404 - Witty comment not found

I got it with PS Elements so I'm not complaining!

haha endless fun

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

I have one too, and its pretty good. Most places make it sound like you need to get one of the thousand dollar ones, but the bamboo is perfectly fine and fun to play around with