2 Vga to DVI Adapters?

reapersivan

Hello, I was wondering how I could hook up my PC to an old monitor with only Vga and Dvi connections. I plan to use DVI. I don't have a Dvi cable but a Vga one. Can I use 2 Vga to Dvi adapters in order to make it into a Dvi cable?

What do you mean?

You have a GPU (which I presume doesn't have VGA) and you want to hook it up to your DVI/VGA monitor?

Get a DVI to VGA adapter and plug it into your DVI-I port ( I think only DVI-I works, not DVI-D) and run a VGA cable from there to your monitor's VGA.

Or get a DVI cable/

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

No, it is very unlikely that you could do that. Monitor inputs do not usually accept DVI to VGA adapters.

Just use a single adapter and plug it into the monitor's VGA port. Using a VGA-DVI adapter doesn't turn the signals into DVI. Its still a VGA signal.

What do you mean?

You have a GPU (which I presume doesn't have VGA) and you want to hook it up to your DVI/VGA monitor?

Get a DVI to VGA adapter and plug it into your DVI-I port ( I think only DVI-I works, not DVI-D) and run a VGA cable from there to your monitor's VGA.

Or get a DVI cable/

SO I only need 1 Vga to Dvi adapter to use my monitor in DVI?

SO I only need 1 Vga to Dvi adapter to use my monitor in DVI?

You can't use it in DVI with an adapter at all. As soon as you attach an adapter, it's sending VGA signals through the DVI port. The only way to use DVI is to use an actual DVI cable between two DVI connections on your monitor and computer.

Adapters don't "change" DVI signals to VGA or vice versa. They only allow VGA signals to be sent or received through specially equipped DVI ports that can output VGA signals to begin with.