Laptop for Game Development.

Hey guys,

Next year, well after summer break, I go to a new school for game development.

For the school I will need a laptop that can run 3D programs for designing.

They send me the minimum I will need for a laptop, not really specific.

GPU: Gaming videocard, AMD or Nvidia

CPU: Quad core i7

RAM: 8 GB

Screensize: This doesnt really matter but I prefer around 15 inch because I have to take it with me at school.

HDD/SSD: I prefer 1 SSD and a HDD because I will need speed and enough capacity.

Battary: This doesnt really matter too, but it shouldnt be bad, but I can charge it at school.

1 HMDI and VGA port.

2 USB ports.

I hope you guys can help me out what laptop to buy, I can spend around €1500,-

I dont mind spending the €1500 all out, I dont wanna buy a laptop for €1000,- and than think like, shit... I should have spend €500,- more.

Thanks in advance!

Max. :rolleyes:

Go to MSI, heard they have good laptops.

Just please, don't buy Dell or Alienware, bloatwared, overpriced and under-guaranty.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

-snip-

I would highly suggest getting a desktop if it's possible. However if it's not here is what I would get, given a 1500 Euro budget. I would grab the Dell Precision M3800. Mobile Workstation, 

http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=cup3800onca&model_id=precision-m3800-workstation&c=ca&l=en&s=bsd&cs=cabsdt1

As configured, Upgrade the RAM and add an SSD and you'll be golden. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Just please, don't buy Dell or Alienware, bloatwared, overpriced and under-guaranty.

Dells are much better when you buy from the Professional line. Also their warranty is better than MSI's having dealt with both companies. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Dells are much better when you buy from the Professional line. Also their warranty is better than MSI's having dealt with both companies. 

I agree with this

Just make sure the Warranty is Good

Because he had a hard drive.

Yeah, my Dell isn't really the more high-end, just dislike the way that my laptop became a million times faster after removing all the crap given with me (ugh).

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

You'd want something at least 17" / 18.4"... If you get a 15" I definitely recommend leaving a separate monitor at school, because you need the screen real estate. Below 1440p resolution or at the very least 1200p is crippling IMO.

EDIT: Well, you would survive with 15"/ 1080p, but it will be painful.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

You'd want something at least 17" / 18.4"... If you get a 15" I definitely recommend leaving a separate monitor at school, because you need the screen real estate. Below 1440p resolution or at the very least 1200p is crippling IMO.

EDIT: Well, you would survive with 15"/ 1080p, but it will be painful.

At school are monitors you can lend

I would highly suggest getting a desktop if it's possible. However if it's not here is what I would get, given a 1500 Euro budget. I would grab the Dell Precision M3800. Mobile Workstation, 

http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=cup3800onca&model_id=precision-m3800-workstation&c=ca&l=en&s=bsd&cs=cabsdt1

As configured, Upgrade the RAM and add an SSD and you'll be golden. 

I really need a laptop, because I need to take it with me to school

I really need a laptop, because I need to take it with me to school

Fair enough, that's what i assumed was the case. 

Grab that laptop i recommended above. 

Fair enough, that's what i assumed was the case. 

Grab that laptop i recommended above. 

Okay thanks!

I love the MSI laptops. Really powerful and great. I'm just not sure if they are best bang for buck. If that's an issue here.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Don't get me wrong but should you not know what to get if your planing on coding games? But anyways you might want to check out clevo laptops they are really good and the one I have is still good even a few years latter only gpu is getting a bit old but it's running stable on 360+ MHz core overclock. That's 40 MHz less then my 780 on watercooling

Needs Update