Feelings About Zotac?

MahtXL

I dont know why but ive always thought of Zotac as the cheapest of cheap for video cards, i have no idea where i got this idea from, aside from maybe the way the cards look and feel which is cheapy. Whats the actual solid facts behind zotac though, because ive tested quite a few of their older cards (around 2009) and they all seem of a much higher quality than there stuff nowadays for some reason. Speaking purely of the weight, feel, and look of the card of course, i cant test them all nor can i afford to.

So whats the REAL deal with zotac? Were they once good but now cheap, always cheap, or decent since they first started pushing out cards?

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

I've had nothing but good times with Zotac. Wish they made 290X's :(

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

From what I know at this point in time they're a mid-tier vendor. Decent quality.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

i think if people wouldnt be so much of fanboys for other brands (like people who would prefer to lose 20 FPS in game for the sake of it saying ''evga'' in thier pc) that they would be right up there with MSI evga and sapphire (was asus but i FUCKING LOVE SAPPHIRE...... not a fangirl....... shh.)

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

I dont know why but ive always thought of Zotac as the cheapest of cheap for video cards, i have no idea where i got this idea from, aside from maybe the way the cards look and feel which is cheapy. Whats the actual solid facts behind zotac though, because ive tested quite a few of their older cards (around 2009) and they all seem of a much higher quality than there stuff nowadays for some reason. Speaking purely of the weight, feel, and look of the card of course, i cant test them all nor can i afford to.

So whats the REAL deal with zotac? Were they once good but now cheap, always cheap, or decent since they first started pushing out cards?

happy 100th post :o

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

From what I know at this point in time they're a mid-tier vendor. Decent quality.

Well the price difference in Canada isn't that big.  A Zotac 970 costs around $440, EVGA SC 970 is $450, Gigabyte G1 $460, ASUS Strix $450. 

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

Zotac stuff are great it's just that they are not as popular as other brand so not alot of people knew about them. Their products are cheaper then other brand so people usually thinks that their cards are worse.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

From what I read, there was something wrong with people trying to overclock some of them.  I can neither confirm nor deny this.

they're quality... :D

Zotac cards are really decent and they look nice. I like the orange theme that they do it on their cards.

They are cheap, Slightly better than Reference cards.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Just brought a KFA2 GTX970, I usually stick with the big brands but I've had gigabyte/MSI/ASUS and had issues with them recently.

I was looking at zotac but the price difference between the basic card and the midrange card (omega? The one with orange stripes) was £40 which is a big step up just for features.

The look of the basic card just didn't do it for me on top of that I had a CPU fan clip fall off and short out my r9 270 (it survived) so it's back plates or nowt for me.

i think if people wouldnt be so much of fanboys for other brands (like people who would prefer to lose 20 FPS in game for the sake of it saying ''evga'' in thier pc) that they would be right up there with MSI evga and sapphire (was asus but i FUCKING LOVE SAPPHIRE...... not a fangirl....... shh.)

what id like to know is how im losing 20 fps in my pc just because its an evga card. Not to mention ive seen this card pitted against other 760s and its atleast in the top 3 performers, that could be due to it being the superclocked version however. honestly never heard anyone claim evga is bad, especially not in regards to performance, its usually the other way around honestly.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

Arent Sapphire and Zotac the same company? Just go grab a sapphire 290x if it exists.

Their latest cooler designs look pretty solid though. Definitely an improvement over their old 'orange fan' coolers. Zotac is basically the Nvidia version of Powercolor.

Their products are not bad. Its just that they use lower cost components to make cheaper cards. It makes people skeptical about the quality.

I think you're almost there but it needs to be recognised they make different cards at different price points. They make both one of the cheapest and most expensive 970, for instance. Their 780(Ti) cooler was ugly, but quality and had a 5 year warranty here.

PowerColour are kind of the same, they make some cheap cards and others which are great. I have 2 of their 290xs and they're all-metal shroud and backplate as standard doesn't look nor feel cheap

All good here.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

Arent Sapphire and Zotac the same company? Just go grab a sapphire 290x if it exists.

Yes, Sapphire and Zotac are both a part of PC Partner, which is the #2 supplier of graphics cards globally (as of 2012, behind Palit and ahead of ASUS). I've always found that Zotac (and Sapphire to a lesser extent) have had good quality cards, but more tacky aesthetics. The new Zotac cards though...that carbon fiber shroud is sexy. But the on the backplate is on the wrong orientation. =(

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

Where the f*ck have you heard that zotac cards are cheap quality :D. I have my 2nd now the zotac 650 amp! and the 970 OC edition or so. I dont remember the exact name. While i did actually like the orange fan style like at the 650 more these cards have nothing wrong with them and preform good. I am a zotac fanboy but i also like evga so you will probably be fine with a zotac card :D

Where the f*ck have you heard that zotac cards are cheap quality :D. I have my 2nd now the zotac 650 amp! and the 970 OC edition or so. I dont remember the exact name. While i did actually like the orange fan style like at the 650 more these cards have nothing wrong with them and preform good. I am a zotac fanboy but i also like evga so you will probably be fine with a zotac card :D

Dont know, but for some reason i got that impression, then i started messing around with there older cards and was pretty impressed by the performance and quality of the card when i took it apart to clean it.