Used vs New In Box PC Parts

Thanks Nick!

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

gg other doge

Cpu:3570K @ 4.2GHZ|Motherboard:AsRock Extreme 4|RAM Kingston:HyperX Genesis 8GB| GPU:MSI Lightning 680 2GB |Case:Thermaltake Element V (Nvidia Edition) |Storage:Muskin Enhanced Chronos 120GB,Seagate 2TB|PSU:Rosewill 1000W modular (RBR1000) |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH-U12P SE2

TY based Nicholas.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Looks good! I think I'll do other stuff now and look forward to watching in in 1080p :D

I'm here to learn and help others!

That roaring voice (Y) awesome!

Chassi: FD R4 window CPU: 3570k @4.5GHz GPU: ASUS 970 Strix @ 1450/7000 MHz PSU: FD Integra 500w

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z77 RAM: 2x4 Corsair Vengence 1600MHz SSDs: 2x Kingston 120GB RAID 0 (OS), Samsung 840 120GB (Steam) CPU fan: Noctua U12P Case fans: 3x140mm FD R2

@nicklmg

What do you think would be a fitting slogan for LMG?

"More doge than reddit"

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

In response to the video's ending. I built my computer using some used components, namely 12Gb of Mushkin RAM paired with an Intel i7-950 all stuck on an AsRock X58 Extreme. Thankfully, these were bought from my Dad's coworker, so I trusted him to give me my money should the components not function. Even still, I only payed $200 for all that, so it was a good deal.

That being said, they've been running very, very well since then (now paired with a Strix 970) and pumping out the FPS quite nicely on my triple monitors!

My Build 
i7-4790k @4.6GHz, 16GB GSkill Ares RAM, Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1, Strix 970, RM1000 PSU, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB Barracuda, 3TB WD Green, CM Storm Scout II

About the ebay, you can ALWAYS file a claim with them if you get scammed/DOA with no returns.

HTID

I like amazon for buying used stuff.

It's more expensive than ebay, but you can return stuff easily with pretty much no reason.

I had to RMA a refurbished monitor a few months ago, since it was within the 1 year warranty. (I had to contact customer service, but I still got it settled within an hour)

Didn't even have to pay return shipping on it, just printed out the label (and another one as a backup) and gave it into the post office. Though, I did have some trouble fitting it through the office window.

My signature computer is a hodge-podge of both used and new components. Case, PSU, SSD, CPU, RAM, GPU, Fans are all used, while my SSD, Motherboard, CPU cooler, and storage HDD were bought new. I've had some parts i bought used die, same with parts i've bought new. Just luck of the draw.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

take a nature out of a leafs book

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Don't really like buying things used, I've had bad experiences with used products. Also Luke's fight announcer voice, must have hurt his throat and people hearing him down the street lol.

It was really enjoyable to watch the Scrapyard Wars and this video since it relates to something that I've been doing ever since I started learning about computers. I've definitely learned a lot of things through buying (and selling) through Kijiji (which seems to be the most popular choice here in Winnipeg, whereas Craigslist or other classifieds are prominent in other places).

Cases are tricky, depending on how organized the seller is. Like in Scrapyard Wars and in many personal experiences, cases are sold with missing optical drive bezels, expansion slot covers or incomplete sets of screws. So, you may not be able to install everything as the manufacturer intended and aesthetically, you may need to improvise to get the look you want. Of course, there are USB ports and audio ports that may go bad, but oddly I only had that issue with a new case.

Hard drives are also a little tricky, mostly because I don't know how to properly verify and predict the remaining life of the drive. I typically use Acronis Drive Monitor to get a health percentage, but I recently found it to be inconsistent and unreliable for a certain SSD in a system. Speaking of which, I have purchased SSDs used, but made sure that there was at least a year or two of warranty left. Definitely came in handy when I had a first-gen OCZ Vertex go bad and the seller helped with the RMA.

I'm pretty open and haven't had much trouble buying all other components. Like the video said, RAM is an easy buy because of lifetime warranty. Used CPUs hardly fail, but may have leftover thermal paste or the occasional bent pin (more often when purchased from eBay actually). Video cards are definitely worth buying used... quite easy to get a good deal on an older, but relatively high-end card. No problems with used motherboards... really good for using up older leftover parts to put together a cheap machine. Haven't gotten too many power supplies... pretty critical component, so will either verify that there is warranty or just go for something cheap if it's for a budget build.

Prometheus FTW  ^_^

Athlon x4 860 cpu

6GB ram

480w psu

R9 280 3GB vram gpu

(new component + warranty)  :ph34r:

Is this tonights video? Thanks!

lol, Lukes screaming session, now I understand why his voice is always a little fkd up

x'D yeah kinda makes sense. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Another thing to consider is buying refurbished items. I recently got a refurb 7950 for $129.99 US it also came with a 2 year warranty. If anyone is interested the website is gpushack.com I'm not affiliated with the site just passing along some good deals.