Is the Objective 2 AMP and DAC good for the HD800?

Profoundsoup

Of course.

The question is, is the HD 800 good for you?

Well how do they compare to something like the beyerdynamic T1s which I am currently trying out?

Well how do they compare to something like the beyerdynamic T1s which I am currently trying out?

HD800 is arguably better than T1, but HD800's sound sig isn't for everyone

HD800 is arguably better than T1, but HD800's sound sig isn't for everyone

What kind of sig do they have and what makes it not for everyone?

What kind of sig do they have and what makes it not for everyone?

Rather bright and super revealing in general, some people say it doesnt have enough bass. Something like HE-560 might be more universally liked

Rather bright and super revealing in general, some people say it doesnt have enough bass. Something like HE-560 might be more universally liked

Well I currently have the T1's so Im used to a bright sound. One thing that REALLY bothers me about the T1s is that the vocals arent very forward at all, they are always behind the instruments.

Well I currently have the T1's so Im used to a bright sound. One thing that REALLY bothers me about the T1s is that the vocals arent very forward at all, they are always behind the instruments.

Consider AD1000X

Consider AD1000X

Wait your saying I should go from a $1k pair of headphones to a $300 pair....wut 

Wait your saying I should go from a $1k pair of headphones to a $300 pair....wut 

From what I see based on FR, Beyer T1 isn't all that different compared to HD800 or DT880 in that matter. You said T1's vocal sounds muffled to you and one of the headphone that is very focused on vocal is AD1000X or AD2000X. 

Consider AD1000X

<3

Dimishing returns hits around $300 anyway.  AD1000x is very capable in it's own right, it's still plenty bright, amazing with strings, and also very vocal forward.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Selling price vs quality is not linear.

You could try the 2000X instead of the 1000X if you're keen on spending as much as possible. Audio-technica is known for forward vocals, while Beyerdynamic is somewhat known for laid back vocals. Only downside I see is that these are two extremes of one another.

If you're a high frequency hoe (excuse the wording, I meant that's the only thing that matters, the high frequency), T1 actually got sharper and clearer high frequency than the HD800. Compared the two, HD800 is more balanced in the overall frequency, and got bigger/wider feeling in it. 

If you're looking for a different thing, bored of something similar for example, in the same class, I'd consider the LCD series, being LCD-3 is their flagship. It's very different sounding compared to T1 or HD800, so don't order it before trying one first. If it turns out that you love planar kind of sound signature, you'll love LCD-3 to death....

If it turns out that you love planar kind of sound signature, you'll love LCD-3 to death....

Since when did planners have a particular sound signature?

You could try the 2000X instead of the 1000X if you're keen on spending as much as possible.

The 2000x is probably the least worth-it flagship headphone.  

Also OP, if you want some words about the 1000x, watch Lachlans review or you can read my thoughts on it here

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296402-a-look-at-the-audio-technica-ad1000x-and-ad2000x/#entry4024125

Yes this is a shameless plug of myself. And my opinions on the 2000x have changed slightly since then.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

The 2000x is probably the least worth-it flagship headphone.

I've read such in the past, but can't remember why. Anyways, this thread obviously isn't about bang per dollar.

Since when did planners have a particular sound signature?

Well, from what I've tried, from T50RP (basic, not modded), HE400, to all LCD series, they all got similarity, which is warm, not very spacious/wide, got distinct high (but not in the very high notes, maybe just around 10kHz or something), and, I don't know the correct term, but I can hear the sound source being bigger. With dynamic drivers, it's kinda centered in 1 small spot, even when compared to something like HD800. 

In analogy of light, it's like when the light is coming from a single lightbulb vs a big window. Might be the same brightness, but different effect/feel.

Well, from what I've tried, from T50RP (basic, not modded), HE400, to all LCD series, they all got similarity, which is warm, not very spacious/wide, got distinct high (but not in the very high notes, maybe just around 10kHz or something), and, I don't know the correct term, but I can hear the sound source being bigger. With dynamic drivers, it's kinda centered in 1 small spot, even when compared to something like HD800. 

In analogy of light, it's like when the light is coming from a single lightbulb vs a big window. Might be the same brightness, but different effect/feel.

Sounds like bullshit.

The only thing that really links planars is their linear, undistorted bass.

Sounds like bullshit.

The only thing that really links planars is their linear, undistorted bass.

As with any claims, my claim might be true, might be because I'm delusional. I truly do welcome anyone to try those themselves, and call me on that (support me or debunk me, either one is good). 

As with any claims, my claim might be true, might be because I'm delusional. I truly do welcome anyone to try those themselves, and call me on that (support me or debunk me, either one is good).

I think as SSL said planar's advantage over dynamic is in its ability to have very linear response from sub bass all the way to 1-2khz.

In terms of high, i think it could be either bright or dark.

I think as SSL said planar's advantage over dynamic is in its ability to have very linear response from sub bass all the way to 1-2khz.

In terms of high, i think it could be either bright or dark.

Not all planars got very linear bass extension though, http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=2871&scale=30,but yeah it's much more linear than their dynamic driver brothers.

What's really differ them from their dynamic driver brothers is their almost linear/flat impedance across all frequencies, while the dynamics got fluctuating impedance.

It's basically the same as the AKG k712 and people say the AKG k712 is warm.

Also the HE-560 has some driver issues, if the pads aren't completely sealed around your ear, the driver can actually over-extend and cause lots of distortion because the driver only has one set of magnets on one side.

Lots of people on head-fi's HE-560 thread with glasses say this is a very common problem & many he-560 owners have returned their headphones because of it.

( I was subscribed to the 560 thread for like 3 months and read about every update when I used to frequent head-fi)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Not all planars got very linear bass extension though, http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=2871&scale=30,but yeah it's much more linear than their dynamic driver brothers.

What's really differ them from their dynamic driver brothers is their almost linear/flat impedance across all frequencies, while the dynamics got fluctuating impedance.

It is linear, though: http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=-2&graphID[]=2871&scale=30 You have to look at the raw frequency response, the HTRF masks the true behavior. In any case, the key is not so much the linearity but the low distortion and extension of the bass due to the large, monolithic driver surface. The maximum size of dynamic drivers is limited by cone breakup and so open dynamic headphones invariably have strong roll off and increasing distortion below 100Hz.