This ain't working,

Question Part 1

So I have Windows 10 technical preview on VirtualBox (more on that later). I wanted to download the latest tech preview for 10. It says it's downloading, and according to task manager it is receiving something, but it seems like it's taking an awful long time to download this tech preview? http://prntscr.com/6chfih How do I tell whether it is or not? Is this normal for it to take a long time to download?

Question Part 2

Also I am experiencing an issue with VirtualBox. There was an update released for it recently. I of course went to download it, but when I go to run the install, the installer stalls, disconnects my network card (because it has it's own virtual driver) and never finishes installing. Further more, I can not uninstall VirtualBox without it stalling, and even in safe mode I can't remove it. How am I suppose to update this software if all it does is stall and render itself useless to me?

If anyone could please answer either of these questions that would be awesome!

Thanks in advance

Josh_Grid21

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

W10 right now is a mess with their update system. I got an update on it and it broke my whole computer. 

so wait whats the problem? 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Question Part 1

So I have Windows 10 technical preview on VirtualBox (more on that later). I wanted to download the latest tech preview for 10. It says it's downloading, and according to task manager it is receiving something, but it seems like it's taking an awful long time to download this tech preview? http://prntscr.com/6chfih How do I tell whether it is or not? Is this normal for it to take a long time to download?

Question Part 2

Also I am experiencing an issue with VirtualBox. There was an update released for it recently. I of course went to download it, but when I go to run the install, the installer stalls, disconnects my network card (because it has it's own virtual driver) and never finishes installing. Further more, I can not uninstall VirtualBox without it stalling, and even in safe mode I can't remove it. How am I suppose to update this software if all it does is stall and render itself useless to me?

Thanks in advance

Josh_Grid21

First - remove the signature and follow the COC as mentioned  

5. Signatures & Profiles

Signature information must adhere to these guidelines:

• Do not manually type in a signature or sign-off at the end of every post; signatures are only allowed using the built-in signature function.

Second - i do run Win 10 on a Vm, all it does is updated the Windows Defender, i think they stopped technical preview support 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

First - remove the signature and follow the COC as mentioned  

5. Signatures & Profiles

Signature information must adhere to these guidelines:

• Do not manually type in a signature or sign-off at the end of every post; signatures are only allowed using the built-in signature function.

Second - i do run Win 10 on a Vm, all it does is updated the Windows Defender, i think they stopped technical preview support 

What are you talking about?

W10 right now is a mess with their update system. I got an update on it and it broke my whole computer. 

so wait whats the problem? 

Ok so should I just manually download  the tech preview? As for Virtualbox not letting me uninstall it to install an update, what should I do?

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

What are you talking about?

Ok so should I just manually download  the tech preview? As for Virtualbox not letting me uninstall it to install an update, what should I do?

If it's a major problem and you don't have much I'd just wipe it if you can and retry.if you can't do that try to delete it by admin/cmd maybe.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Thanks in advance

Josh_Grid21

That is against the Forums Code of Conduct (Read it )  >> http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/ 

do not added your name as a signature in all the posts, there is a signature function in your profile settings use that

5. Signatures & ProfilesSignature information must adhere to these guidelines:Do not manually type in a signature or sign-off at the end of every post; signatures are only allowed using the built-in signature function.

vm - Virtual machine 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

If it's a major problem and you don't have much I'd just wipe it if you can and retry.if you can't do that try to delete it by admin/cmd maybe.

The problem is that I can't find an uninstall file to wipe the program off.

Question Part 1

Question Part 2

Thanks in advance

Josh_Grid21

Time for a fresh installation on windows lol

Seriously though, try to download and install VB straight from the website, I don't know if VB does this, but some programs will try to update your current installation of it if it detects that you already have it installed, you could have corrupted program files. If that doesn't work boot your computer in safe mode, delete the VB folder from your program files, remove VB from your registry, then reinstall VB straight from the website.

Insert Sarcasm / Raging / Bragging / Inspirational Crap Here.