Cube cases?

Jerakl

Anyone got any good suggestions? I was looking at a cube case because I like the aspect of having it sit on my desk.

Right now I'm looking at the Air 540, I heard it wasn't the best of quality though.

Requirements:

Must come in a white color

Must support ATX PSU Mobo* lol

I think that's it!

any suggestions would be appreciated!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Anyone got any good suggestions? I was looking at a cube case because I like the aspect of having it sit on my desk.

Right now I'm looking at the Air 540, I heard it wasn't the best of quality though.

Requirements:

Must support ATX PSU

I think that's it!

HAF XB but not white...

I too am currently looking at the air 540, so far it has been the best looking cube case I've found.

I've heard that the drive cages in it are not very good, and tend to rattle, though that's not much of an issue for me as I'm willing to DIY my own hard drive mounts that have vibration reduction.

That along with some of the exterior being plastic, which I don't see as much of a problem.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Some people like it, I hate it personally - owned it for about a year. I regret buying it due to how cheap it feels to me and the HDD sleds on the mobo side rattling the cage.. I may just keep it instead of selling it and just modify it the way I want it whenever I get around to it.

HAF XB but not white...

If I like the case enough,

exceptions can be....made.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Some people like it, I hate it personally - owned it for about a year. I regret buying it due to how cheap it feels to me and the HDD sleds on the mobo side rattling the cage.. I may just keep it instead of selling it and just modify it the way I want it whenever I get around to it.

you're actually the person I was referring to :P

What part of it feels cheap?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

When I saw the post I was referring to from him it was something about a lot of plastic and the drive cages rattling (which you said wouldn't be too much trouble).

He did say there was a lot of plastic, and that makes it feel cheap. A 160$ case should not feel cheap.

Mainly the plastic parts and the fact that they only have one dust filter for the front fans.

Mainly the plastic parts and the fact that they only have one dust filter for the front fans.

Well, the dust filter issue can easily be addressed with fan filters such as this: http://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-120mm-Filter-Grill-FF121/dp/B0036WTDHKor others of various sizes.

how much of it is plastic?

Well, the dust filter issue can easily be addressed with fan filters such as this: http://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-120mm-Filter-Grill-FF121/dp/B0036WTDHKor others of various sizes.

how much of it is plastic?

The front and top panels are plastic.

I think the majority of my reasoning for not liking it are due to me building in a Fractal Arc XL recently. That case is amazing.

The front and top panels are plastic.

Do you mean the entire top and front? or just the fan grill parts?

The front of my corsair 230t is plastic and I have no problem with it, corsair did a good job at matching it up with the rest of the case that is metal.

Looking at the case, I do believe it's the whole thing.

The front of my corsair 230t is plastic and I have no problem with it, corsair did a good job at matching it up with the rest of the case that is metal.

Looking at the case, I do believe it's the whole thing.

The entire front and top panels are plastic aside from the grilles in two of them.

I know you could easily solve the fan filter issue, but if you pay that much money for a case it should come dust proof with all dust filters. 

The entire front and top panels are plastic aside from the grilles in two of them.

I know you could easily solve the fan filter issue, but if you pay that much money for a case it should come dust proof with all dust filters. 

Well, looking at linus' unboxing and overview of the case, it seems that there is a fan filter in the front, which imo should be all that you need. (I'd put 3x 120mm fans in the front as intakes, or only 2 depending on what I can fit, along with a 240mm radiator in the top with fans as exhausts, and a rear 120 or 140mm exhaust, so there won't really be any issues with dust being sucked in)

Well, looking at linus' unboxing and overview of the case, it seems that there is a fan filter in the front, which imo should be all that you need. (I'd put 3x 120mm fans in the front as intakes, or only 2 depending on what I can fit, along with a 240mm radiator in the top with fans as exhausts, and a rear 120 or 140mm exhaust, so there won't really be any issues with dust being sucked in)

Dust still gets in from the top.

I don't think it should be about "what you need", because if that was the case they'd do the same thing with Fractal's $100 cases, but they put dust filters everywhere.

Dust still gets in from the top.

I don't think it should be about "what you need", because if that was the case they'd do the same thing with Fractal's $100 cases, but they put dust filters everywhere.

I am failing to see how exactly dust would get into the case through the top if the top is filled with fans that are blowing air out of the case.

I'll admit that it would have been nice to see one on the PSU intake, though I don't think its that big of a deal for the top and rear to not come with fan filters.

I am failing to see how exactly dust would get into the case through the top if the top is filled with fans that are blowing air out of the case.

I personally don't have fans at the top since that'll just add to the noise. Seems pointless to me.

A fan filter would be better.

Plus, again, you shouldn't have to do that to a case at that price point.

The best is matx.

Pc-v359

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Requirements:

Must support ATX PSU Mobo* lol

I think that's it!

Thermaltake Core X9 or if you want mATX, Thermaltake Core X2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133276

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133275

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

540 is kinda plasticy..... i would recommend a thermaltake core x2 or a bitfinex prodigy matx version if you want a matx case

Lian li pc-v359 is the least plastic cube

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The best is matx.

Pc-v359

540 is kinda plasticy..... i would recommend a thermaltake core x2 or a bitfinex prodigy matx version if you want a matx case

I literally said it has to be ATX.

Not mATX. ATX. 

I literally said it has to be ATX.

Not mATX. ATX. 

IK.

There is just so few ATX.

like, air 540, the thermaltake one, and some 400$ lian li

IK.

There is just so few ATX.

like, air 540, the thermaltake one, and some 400$ lian li

Forgot a couple.

http://www.coolermaster.com/case/lan-box-haf-series/haf-xb-evo/

I saw some others in another thread. I'll see if I can find em.