K70 worth it?

LukeIsTheNewLynda

My birthday isn't for a while and I don't care about the RGB version or not (which I might), but is the K70 worth it, compared to some of the other keyboards coming out more? 

I really like blue switches but I used reds at a friends house and I actually prefer them more for the type of games that I play more and more nowadays. 

IMO, yes. It has a great backlight, media controls and best of all... ALUMINUM. I really like the aluminum frame of it. I've had mine for a couple months and couldn't be happier. Blue switch BTW.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I've owned two K70s. One with Reds and the other with Blues. I currently use Blues and I handed down the Reds to my little brother. But I personally love the build quality and aesthetics. The dedicated media controls and volume rocker are a nice touch.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I love mine with the red switch! Would never go back to my old membrane!

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Having gone from a rubberdome razer lycosa to a MX brown k70.. yes yes yes. I prefer the cherry switches so much more<3 it took a day or so to get used to though. And the media controls are nice, the volume controller is this nifty wheel thingy. xD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Alright, well, thanks for saying all of that. I'm a pretty bad shopper, so it's nice to get my goals in a straighter direction so I can get something /decent./