PC upgrade help

Hi, I currently have a Dell Inspiron 570 with a EVGA gtx 750ti ftw in it and i want to make it into a complete gaming pc. I am looking at the 

AMD fx-6300 with a msi 970 gaming mobo with 8 gb of g.skillz ram. Will this workout well or what would you all recommend. I don't need a case, gnu, hard drive. only cpu, mobo, ram. and a budget of 320$ any advice? 50fps minimum 

Hi, I currently have a Dell Inspiron 570 with a EVGA gtx 750ti ftw in it and i want to make it into a complete gaming pc. I am looking at the 

AMD fx-6300 with a msi 970 gaming mobo with 8 gb of g.skillz ram. Will this workout well or what would you all recommend. I don't need a case, gnu, hard drive. only cpu, mobo, ram. and a budget of 320$ any advice? 50fps minimum 

What is your current mobo/cpu/ram?

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

I'd suggest learning some stuff about computers...

You're most likely going to need a new case and PSU as most pre built manufacturers such as dell use custom layouts for their mobo standoffs and positions, and the power supplies they typically use are pretty shitty.

So $320 for a Case, PSU, CPU, MOBO, and RAM...

You're not gonna get much with that budget.

Also, 50FPS minimum at what resolution, settings, and on what games?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I would consider an I3 or Athlon 860k. If you are reusing the power supply from Dell make sure it doesn't have a proprietary pin out.

i have a 600 watt corsair power supply and a cm haf 912 maxed with fans. so case and psu is no problem. 

i have a 600 watt corsair power supply and a cm haf 912 maxed with fans. so case and psu is no problem. 

K. Here. Re-use the case and PSU, as well as the GPU. You can upgrade the graphics card in the future, once new stuff comes out. The 750ti is pretty amazing as it is.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($207.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E34 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: PNY XLR8 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($51.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $309.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-04 09:56 EST-0500

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

K. Here. Re-use the case and PSU, as well as the GPU. You can upgrade the graphics card in the future, once new stuff comes out. The 750ti is pretty amazing as it is.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($207.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E34 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: PNY XLR8 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($51.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $309.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-04 09:56 EST-0500

Thank you Imakuni. Will this setup allow games like bf3 or bf4 above 50 fps on high or ultra? also dayz and arma?

Thank you Imakuni. Will this setup allow games like bf3 or bf4 above 50 fps on high or ultra? also dayz and arma?

It's all about bf....

Just do some OCing, and you'll be fine. 4:50

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

It's all about bf....

Just do some OCing, and you'll be fine. 4:50

Jayztwocentz. Thats why i bought this gpu, because when i saw his review of it. It did all i need. I don't know how to over clock at all because i heard some bad things about it ruining the cpu, mobo or starting a fire. 

Jayztwocentz. Thats why i bought this gpu, because when i saw his review of it. It did all i need. I don't know how to over clock at all because i heard some bad things about it ruining the cpu, mobo or starting a fire. 

That would only happen in the old days.

Right now, the only way to ruin stuff is for you to deliberately sabotage your hardware, or tamper with some shady specs (that you won't be doing anyway).

Read about GPU Ocing, and start to rock!

should i get the unlocked version of that cpu? or would over clocking it just be stupid? i want to get 3.8 to 4ghz out of a cpu for max performance. Then would i need a different mobo?

should i get the unlocked version of that cpu? or would over clocking it just be stupid? i want to get 3.8 to 4ghz out of a cpu for max performance. Then would i need a different mobo?

The thing is... to get an OCing CPU, you need to get a "K" variant, which costs more. And a Z97 mobo, which costs a lot more than H81. AND a cpu cooler....

So I don't think it's a good idea. If you could afford it, then by all means get it, as it will boost performance. But if you are on a low budget, you don't need to make a fuss about it; you can go with a locked CPU.

ok. i looked at some prices on new egg. the absolute max i can do for budget is 400. ( which i would prefer not to go that high ) but with that i can get the intel core i5-4690k  devils canyon. 3.4ghz, with a gigabyte g1.sniper h6 lga 1150 intel h97. Will that oc well or should i get a msi gaming board for 150$ but then i still need ram :(

ok. i looked at some prices on new egg. the absolute max i can do for budget is 400. ( which i would prefer not to go that high ) but with that i can get the intel core i5-4690k  devils canyon. 3.4ghz, with a gigabyte g1.sniper h6 lga 1150 intel h97. Will that oc well or should i get a msi gaming board for 150$ but then i still need ram :(

Nope, that won't work. You need Z97, the H97 won't do it.

Also, don't forget the CPU cooler. Hyper 212 is the standard recommendation.

this maybe?  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130771and i was planing on using the hyper 212. but i would need ram and i don't want to cheap out, i could use my ram I'm using right now but its 513mhz 4gb ram. 2x4gb to be exact.

Well, that mobo would work...

But to save costs, I'd recommend this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157508R&cm_re=z97-_-13-157-508R-_-Product

It will perform exactly the same. It may not look as nice, but it'll be just as strong.

Well, that mobo would work...

But to save costs, I'd recommend this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157508R&cm_re=z97-_-13-157-508R-_-Product

It will perform exactly the same. It may not look as nice, but it'll be just as strong.

yes, but i might sli later but i will most defiantly look at that board more in depth 

Do NOT fall for that. It's a 4690, without the "K" in the end. It means you won't be able to OC with it.

I mean, it's a good price, but you must know that you won't be OCing with that.

Do NOT fall for that. It's a 4690, without the "K" in the end. It means you won't be able to OC with it.

I mean, it's a good price, but you must know that you won't be OCing with that.

alright thanks! i didn't notice that at all, ill look into the as rock board and the i5 4690k with the hyper 212. but for ram what should i get? some blue g. skillz 8 gb ram? 

alright thanks! i didn't notice that at all, ill look into the as rock board and the i5 4690k with the hyper 212. but for ram what should i get? some blue g. skillz 8 gb ram? 

You can pay extra for looks, but in general, get the cheaper 8gb kit (either 1x8 or 2x4) that has:

1. 1600mhz, CAS 9 or lower.
  2. 1866mhz, CAS 10 or lower.
  3. 2133mhz, CAS 11 or lower.

You can pay extra for looks, but in general, get the cheaper 8gb kit (either 1x8 or 2x4) that has:

1. 1600mhz, CAS 9 or lower.
  2. 1866mhz, CAS 10 or lower.
  3. 2133mhz, CAS 11 or lower.

Alright im all set and i am ordering the order right now. Thank you Imakuni for your help.