Suggestions and recomendations

MrBucket101

I am looking into upgrading my mobo/cpu to the 4790k/Asus Z97 WS. I'm just not happy with my current mobo, or case for that matter. I figured if I was going to be draining my loop and dismantling everything for the upgrade, that it would be a good idea to swap my case while I'm at it.

I had been eyeing the Fractal Define R5 for quite some time, and up until about 15 minutes ago, I was convinced it was the case for me.

I have a 360mm rad and a 240mm rad, as well as a dual 5.25" reservoir. I was hoping to mount the 360mm to the roof, the 240mm to the front, and stick the dual 5.25" reservoir in the only 2 5.25" bays. I know that the 360mm in the roof obstructs the 5.25" bays, but I just looked up the depth of my reservoir, and it is 85mm deep. Now I'm fairly certain that this case just won't work for me. Even if it does fit, I don't believe there will be enough room for me to plumb the tubing.

So I'm kind of back to square 1, and I'm out of ideas. I'd like to get something a bit smaller and quieter than my HAF-X, preferably around the $100-ish pricepoint. Which is why I was so excited about the R5, it seemed to fit all my needs.

Bonus points for a case that can fit all the above and still have a hard drive cage. :P

Thanks!!!

I am looking into upgrading my mobo/cpu to the 4790k/Asus Z97 WS. I'm just not happy with my current mobo, or case for that matter. I figured if I was going to be draining my loop and dismantling everything for the upgrade, that it would be a good idea to swap my case while I'm at it.

I had been eyeing the Fractal Define R5 for quite some time, and up until about 15 minutes ago, I was convinced it was the case for me.

I have a 360mm rad and a 240mm rad, as well as a dual 5.25" reservoir. I was hoping to mount the 360mm to the roof, the 240mm to the front, and stick the dual 5.25" reservoir in the only 2 5.25" bays. I know that the 360mm in the roof obstructs the 5.25" bays, but I just looked up the depth of my reservoir, and it is 85mm deep. Now I'm fairly certain that this case just won't work for me. Even if it does fit, I don't believe there will be enough room for me to plumb the tubing.

So I'm kind of back to square 1, and I'm out of ideas. I'd like to get something a bit smaller and quieter than my HAF-X, preferably around the $100-ish pricepoint. Which is why I was so excited about the R5, it seemed to fit all my needs.

Bonus points for a case that can fit all the above and still have a hard drive cage. :P

Thanks!!!

Maybe a Corsair Air 540 could work. It's more of a cube case, which makes it quite small.

You can mount the 360 in the front and the 240 in the top afaik.

It has two different compartment and the two 5.25'' bays are in the second compartment.

There should be enough space for your tubing and reservoir in the back. Have a look here:

Maybe a Corsair Air 540 could work. It's more of a cube case, which makes it quite small.

You can mount the 360 in the front and the 240 in the top afaik.

It has two different compartment and the two 5.25'' bays are in the second compartment.

There should be enough space for your tubing and reservoir in the back. Have a look here:

I don't believe I will be able to mount my reservoir vertically. It isn't very fancy, and only has 1 inlet and 1 outlet. Both of which are dead center top and bottom. Pic

If I were to rotate the reservoir, the pump wouldn't technically be below the res.

I don't believe I will be able to mount my reservoir vertically. It isn't very fancy, and only has 1 inlet and 1 outlet. Both of which are dead center top and bottom. Pic

If I were to rotate the reservoir, the pump wouldn't technically be below the res.

Hm, okay. I don't have that much clue about water cooling.

So here is another suggestion, maybe that works: Corsair 760T.

That's the case I use right now. It has enough space for a 360 and 240mm rad, but if your reservoir fits - I don't know...

But it is pretty fat..  :lol:

Hm, okay. I don't have that much clue about water cooling.

So here is another suggestion, maybe that works: Corsair 760T.

That's the case I use right now. It has enough space for a 360 and 240mm rad, but if your reservoir fits - I don't know...

But it is pretty fat..  :lol:

I think it might fit, I could mount the reservoir in the bottom 2 bays, and the rad would hopefully only obstruct the top bay. 

Unless I break down and spend even more money on a new top/reservoir, I might be stuck with an oversized case lol. I really don't want to do that though lol