Need your suggestion for Headphones.

MugiwaraNoAllen

Hi guys! I'm in need of your opinions of buying a headphone, should I get the ATH-M50x plus a mic (modmic or something, suggestion?) or the

HyperX Cloud II or any other "gaming" headset? Main use is for gaming and no limit for budget.

Do you think it will work nicely with the onboard audio of the Maximus VII Hero? I'm kinda noob at this.

I will always recommended the Sennhesiers HD 598's.

Me on the other hand will always suggest the DT990's

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

If you're quick you can get the AKG K7XX on massdrop today (last day) for 200, unless there's a reason you need a closed headphone (like using it during commuting) go with an open one.

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

I will always recommended the Sennhesiers HD 598's.

How is it with the onboard audio on Maximus Vii Hero

What's the diff of the closed from the open one?

closed one's offer more isolation. While open one's offer a much bigger sound stage.

there's a couple more but that's probably the most notable

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

How is it with the onboard audio on Maximus Vii Hero

That is a pretty good board so the headphones should work very well with it. I love them because they have decent bass when you need it and it is not too overpowering. You can hear every sound and they are great for footsteps in games. If you love music and not just thumping in your ears from "Gaming" Branded headsets of Bass first music later then you will love them. 

But everyone is different. I suggest you get them from amazon so you can try them and if you don't like them send them back. :)

That is a pretty good board so the headphones should work very well with it. I love them because they have decent bass when you need it and it is not too overpowering. You can hear every sound and they are great for footsteps in games. If you love music and not just thumping in your ears from "Gaming" Branded headsets of Bass first music later then you will love them.

But everyone is different. I suggest you get them from amazon so you can try them and if you don't like them send them back. :)

Well, thanks I'm gonna try them for sure! Now, what would suggest for mics?

Well, thanks I'm gonna try them for sure! Now, what would suggest for mics?

A Modmic or Zalman Zm-Mic1 if you're on a budget

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

closed one's offer more isolation. While open one's offer a much bigger sound stage.

there's a couple more but that's probably the most notable

So the closed are like noise cancelling?

A Modmic or Zalman Zm-Mic1 if you're on a budget

Are those like the one u just attach to the phones?

Are those like the one u just attach to the phones?

A modmic comes with magnets that you stick on the headphones itself, the zalman clips on to the cable

Storage Asustor AS7004T

A modmic comes with magnets that you stick on the headphones itself, the zalman clips on to the cable

Perfect! Thanks

So the closed are like noise cancelling?

Think noise dampening. Imagine ear muffs or the hearing protection that construction workers use when they operate a jackhammer. Same principle.

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

I had a vengeance 2000 which recently broke. I really liked them a great wireless headset or so I thought. I just got the steelseries h wireless headset. These cans are badass. Though the corsair headset is still a really good headset and I believe is about half the price.  

corsair pc only        steelseries pc,mac,xbone,ps4,tv,hometheater,ipod,phone anything with a 3.5 mm analog out or optical out will work with the dac.

corsair sound great       steelseries sound great

corsair wireless range good I could go around most of my 800 square foot one level house without loosing reception.      steelseries I recently moved and these headphones are centrally located in my 1900 square foot house they work in every room without loosing reception the corsair would not even come close.

I would say if you want to go wireless from my experience the steelseries is the best wireless set you can buy right now.

I also just got the Sennheiser G4me zero they are a 150 ohm headset so you need an amp to drive these. This being my first "audiophile" level headphone I was amazed to hear this clarity. I am hearing soundscapes I have never heard before I my favorite songs with these headphones. I am disappointed with the bass level I am not a bass head I mainly listen to various types of rock prog rock, punk rock, and metal. So I prefer clear highs and mids but I do like when the bass drum hits to punch me in the ear. But the bass these do produce is clean as hell I have yet to hear any distortion at even the highest ear piercing volume levels.

Lastly I just got the sennheiser momentum in ears for my phone and have to say these for my taste are the best sounding for the kind of music I listen to. They are impressive for in ears.  

Super OP AF Killer Retro Emulation PC 360 No Scope 420 Blaze It (Sorry I Couldn't Help It) Seriously Though This PC Is Overkill And Before You Ask It Does Play Crysis 1024x768 60 FPS

Intel Core Duo 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz // ASUS P5N-D // Zalman CNPS9500A Air Cooler // 4GB G.Skill @ 400MHz 5 5 5 31 23 // 2 Way SLI GeForce 9800 GTX+ // 32" SONY WEGA CRT TV 480i // Corsair TX750 // Seagate 3TB // Win XP 32Bit // Sony DVD RW // ANTEC Full Tower // Steel Series H Wireless // Logitech K520 Wireless Keyboard // Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades The New 8Bitdo Wireless SNES Controller With Analog Sticks / 8Bitdo Bluetooth Arcade Fight Stick / Proper HD I Know This Machine Does Not Support 3 TB / Icy Dock 5.25 4 Bay HD Hot Swap Bay For More Seamless Multi Booting Want To Run At Least Win 95, Win XP, Win 7 

i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz // ASUS Maximus V Formula // CM Hyper 212 EVO // 16GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2133MHz 9 11 10 28 // Crossfire Sapphire 7970 // 42" 4K 60Hz FreeSync WasabiMango IPS // Corsair AX860 // Samsung 1TB 840EVO // Seagate 3TB // Seagate Barracuda 160GB sata II // OCZ Vertex 3 90GB sata III // Win 10 64Bit // ASUS DVD RW // 2 Corsair AF 120 // 2 Corsair SP 120 // 2 xigmatek 120 // Corsair 760t white flavor // NZXT HUE+ RGB Controller // Sennheiser G4me Zero // Steel Series H // Corsair M95 // Corsair K95 // 3 Xbox 360 Controllers // Dolphin Bar // Wii U Mote // Leap Motion Plus // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades 1080Ti or Vega RX64 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16900-nothing-special/

I had a vengeance 2000 which recently broke. I really liked them a great wireless headset or so I thought. I just got the steelseries h wireless headset. These cans are badass. Though the corsair headset is still a really good headset and I believe is about half the price.  

corsair pc only        steelseries pc,mac,xbone,ps4,tv,hometheater,ipod,phone anything with a 3.5 mm analog out or optical out will work with the dac.

corsair sound great       steelseries sound great

corsair wireless range good I could go around most of my 800 square foot one level house without loosing reception.      steelseries I recently moved and these headphones are centrally located in my 1900 square foot house they work in every room without loosing reception the corsair would not even come close.

I would say if you want to go wireless from my experience the steelseries is the best wireless set you can buy right now.

I also just got the Sennheiser G4me zero they are a 150 ohm headset so you need an amp to drive these. This being my first "audiophile" level headphone I was amazed to hear this clarity. I am hearing soundscapes I have never heard before I my favorite songs with these headphones. I am disappointed with the bass level I am not a bass head I mainly listen to various types of rock prog rock, punk rock, and metal. So I prefer clear highs and mids but I do like when the bass drum hits to punch me in the ear. But the bass these do produce is clean as hell I have yet to hear any distortion at even the highest ear piercing volume levels.

Lastly I just got the sennheiser momentum in ears for my phone and have to say these for my taste are the best sounding for the kind of music I listen to. They are impressive for in ears.

I prefer unclear highs and mids.

This actually would really surprise me.  Given the genre of music, clipping will often happen since rock tracks are usually produced at loud levels.  If you listen to older rock, this may occur less often as the loudness war was not in full swing yet.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

My PC specifications are in my profile.

This actually would really surprise me.  Given the genre of music, clipping will often happen since rock tracks are usually produced at loud levels.  If you listen to older rock, this may occur less often as the loudness war was not in full swing yet.

Compression induced clipping aside, a 0dBFS signal won't clip as long as the amp isn't being overdriven.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

I do listen to most stuff pre 1990. Death Magnetic is the worst engineered album I have ever heard.

Super OP AF Killer Retro Emulation PC 360 No Scope 420 Blaze It (Sorry I Couldn't Help It) Seriously Though This PC Is Overkill And Before You Ask It Does Play Crysis 1024x768 60 FPS

Intel Core Duo 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz // ASUS P5N-D // Zalman CNPS9500A Air Cooler // 4GB G.Skill @ 400MHz 5 5 5 31 23 // 2 Way SLI GeForce 9800 GTX+ // 32" SONY WEGA CRT TV 480i // Corsair TX750 // Seagate 3TB // Win XP 32Bit // Sony DVD RW // ANTEC Full Tower // Steel Series H Wireless // Logitech K520 Wireless Keyboard // Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades The New 8Bitdo Wireless SNES Controller With Analog Sticks / 8Bitdo Bluetooth Arcade Fight Stick / Proper HD I Know This Machine Does Not Support 3 TB / Icy Dock 5.25 4 Bay HD Hot Swap Bay For More Seamless Multi Booting Want To Run At Least Win 95, Win XP, Win 7 

i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz // ASUS Maximus V Formula // CM Hyper 212 EVO // 16GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2133MHz 9 11 10 28 // Crossfire Sapphire 7970 // 42" 4K 60Hz FreeSync WasabiMango IPS // Corsair AX860 // Samsung 1TB 840EVO // Seagate 3TB // Seagate Barracuda 160GB sata II // OCZ Vertex 3 90GB sata III // Win 10 64Bit // ASUS DVD RW // 2 Corsair AF 120 // 2 Corsair SP 120 // 2 xigmatek 120 // Corsair 760t white flavor // NZXT HUE+ RGB Controller // Sennheiser G4me Zero // Steel Series H // Corsair M95 // Corsair K95 // 3 Xbox 360 Controllers // Dolphin Bar // Wii U Mote // Leap Motion Plus // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades 1080Ti or Vega RX64 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16900-nothing-special/

I do listen to most stuff pre 1990. Death Magnetic is the worst engineered album I have ever heard.

Okay.  Just as long as you know.  Some people are deaf.  :)

My PC specifications are in my profile.