NZXT S340 Owners Question

Geekazoid

post-14986-0-89236100-1425377502.jpg

post-14986-0-74564300-1425377535_thumb.j

Hey guys,
I'm curious and wanting to know, given the NZXT S340's gap where the (forgotten name | what the orange arrows are pointing at). Do you guys find that dust easily accumulates in the case because of that gap? The reason that I'm asking is because several times I have thought about going with the S340, for my planned build, but have had second thoughts because of that gap and the fact that dust, as well as bugs and other stuff, could easily get in there (it's like an open invitation, LOL). I'd appreciate, those who happen to own the S340, to ease my concerns, because the case I've stuck with as my go-to case has been the S340's brother, the H440, which has that same part of the case completed closed off, but I'm finding more and more that I'm liking the NZXT S340 aesthetics more because of its clean look.

Thanks in advance for any help.

post-14986-0-89236100-1425377502.jpg

post-14986-0-74564300-1425377535_thumb.j

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I don't own the S340, but I have had many cases with that open PCI mount design and its not much of a issue to be honest. Dust doesn't really "fall in" since its more of an exhaust and it just doesn't really fall in(hard to explain, other than "it just doesn't happen"). I do imagine bugs being able to find their way in, but I have seen a snake find its way into a PSU so anything is possible.

no

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
                                                                                      :o 

I don't own the S340, but I have had many cases with that open PCI mount design and its not much of a issue to be honest. Dust doesn't really "fall in" since its more of an exhaust and it just doesn't really fall in. I do imagine bugs being able to find their way in, but I have seen a snake find its way into a PSU so anything is possible.

pls explain more about snake in a psu? that sounds interesting...

3-Real-Snake-Inside-A-Computer-Cabinet.j

OMG....................... THAT is some scary stuff, im afraid of snakes...

3-Real-Snake-Inside-A-Computer-Cabinet.j

Not the only one I have seen either.

I will have nightmares now.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I don't own the S340, but I have had many cases with that open PCI mount design and its not much of a issue to be honest. Dust doesn't really "fall in" since its more of an exhaust and it just doesn't really fall in(hard to explain, other than "it just doesn't happen"). I do imagine bugs being able to find their way in, but I have seen a snake find its way into a PSU so anything is possible.

Well, that sort of eases my concerns.....sort of. Now I've just gotta worry about snakes finding their way into my PSU. :o LOL

I will have nightmares now.

You sure will. :D

Well, that sort of eases my concerns.....sort of. Now I've just gotta worry about snakes finding their way into my PSU. :o LOL

Lol, that isn't too much of an issue TBH(unless if you have snake problems in your house, then it would be ).

Lol, that isn't too much of an issue TBH(unless if you have snake problems in your house, then it would be ).

Nah, I's just being facetious. :lol:

Lol, but idiots like me will get fingers stuck in that slot. Do keep that in mind lol.

Note To Self: Do not let Queen Demetria near an S340 case. :D JK

Well I wouldn't see it as an issue as there are plenty of spots for dust to get into the case as all of the rear has holes in it xD Just make sure that you keep a positive pressure in your case ...

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Well I wouldn't see it as an issue as there are plenty of spots for dust to get into the case as all of the rear has holes in it xD Just make sure that you keep a positive pressure in your case ...

Great! :)

How would one go about doing that?

Great! :)

How would one go about doing that?

Just have larger/more intake fans than exhaust. Keeps the case at a positive pressure and due to that keeps the dust out as long as your intake fans have a good filter.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Yes, I would set up cooling 2 front fans, 1 rear, no top

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I blocked my top exhaust, used two front fans as intakes and one rear as exhaust.

This gives me positive air pressure so no dust comes in through all the rear vents and holes.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

My friend owned that case, I was going to buy one, the deal breaker here is the glossy finish.

GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 780 (x2, SLI) CPU: i7 5820k Motherboard: Alienware Aurora R4 Mobo RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32 GB SSD: Samsung EVO 840

HDD: WD Green 3TB Cooler: Corsair H100i

Just have a stronger intake than exhaust and the positive pressure will keep the dust from entering the case, inversely if you have stronger exhaust then the negative pressure will bring in more dust.

Handing out TechRx's

My friend owned that case, I was going to buy one, the deal breaker here is the glossy finish.

Oh, but that glossy finish is awesome! Well that's my subjective opinion of course. :)

Just have a stronger intake than exhaust and the positive pressure will keep the dust from entering the case, inversely if you have stronger exhaust then the negative pressure will bring in more dust.

Thanks! :)

BTW, clever username you've got there. :lol: