Elliptic Labs brings "kinect-like" feature that runs on existing phone hardware

ahhming

Elliptic Labs have produced a touchless interface which hardly uses any power, runs using existing hardware and “sees” where your hand is. This year things have improved. It’s faster and the sensors detecting your hands have moved to the side of the device so that they can be integrated without any real hassle.

A smartphone manufacturer will be releasing a phone with this technology sometime in the next 12 months. But have not disclose who it is yet.

The system works using radar and the field of vision is beyond anything that a camera could cope with.

As I said last year. Mark my words, this technology will be the next big thing. Expect it in a big launch of a major manufacturer soon.

source:

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/2015/03/03/elliptic-labs-ready-to-be-the-next-big-thing/

Interesting. I think at first people will find it stupid, and say we don't need that. Then it will be with this like it was with touchscreens on any mobile device... It's a must have.

After the motion control all we need is mindcontrolled devices... 'puts on Tinfoil hat'