Can I disable stereo balance somewhere?

Merlinside

So under mmo games or racing games its very annyoing for me to hear the sound as like in a surround headset. When someone cast a spell or something on the left side of me i just hear it from the left side of the headset. Can i disable this somewhere and hear all the sound equally from both earcups?

What OS are you using?

If windows 7: Right click on the little speaker icon in the windows autorun-bar and click on playback device. Then go to the playback-device that you are using, click on it, click configuration. Then you should be able to setup, whether you have stereo or not.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3099830(just pasted this guy's answers and made a few grammatical corrections.)

(Edit: added a space)

What OS are you using?

If windows 7: Right click on the little speaker icon in the windows autorun-bar and click on playback device. Then go to the playback-device that you are using, click on it, click configuration. Then you should be able to setup, whether you have stereo or not.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3099830(just pasted this guy's answers and made a few grammatical corrections.)

(Edit: added a space)

Yeah i found it alredy, but it is not the solution im looking for. I don't even know if its posible to disable this kind of surround, i want to hear any noise (background music, someone chopping the tree, effects, dialogues, intro sounds) equally from both earcups, no matter if the sound is left or right to my character.

What game(s) are you trying to do this in? it varies

right now, it is World of Warcraft

Open sound devices window. Right click device you use. Click configure speakers. Select mono if it is an option. Click next to completion. If mono is not an option, your driver or device does not support it.

Open sound devices window. Right click device you use. Click configure speakers. Select mono if it is an option. Click next to completion. If mono is not an option, your driver or device does not support it.

There are stereo, quadrophone, 5.1, 7.1. There is no way to hear the sounds equally? I didn't know that this is a big deal in 2015.

There are stereo, quadrophone, 5.1, 7.1. There is no way to hear the sounds equally? I didn't know that this is a big deal in 2015.

Because in 2015 we use stereo.

Like I said, if you don't have the option for mono, then your driver doesn't support it.

Windows will forever have these stupid little issues. Hopefully gaming can move to Linux in the future.