Sapphire has a new R7 260x icafe version.

Shine_Syahr

There are some people who don't need the performance and heat of a 270, so they go with this.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I was thinking of investing on my own chain of Gaming Cafe's here. And the 260x is the perfect card. Runs all Free-to-play games at  very high frame rates.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

An R9 270x is the same exact price....

Kinda useless

System: Thinkpad T460

An R9 270x is the same exact price....

Kinda useless

Cheapest R9 270X on PCPP is $159.99. Kind of far off the expected $100'ish price of this card.

Cheapest R9 270X on PCPP is $159.99. Kind of far off the expected $100'ish price of this card.

There are some sales sometimes where you can pick them up for much cheaper.

But used, you can find that at around $110 easily

There are some sales sometimes where you can pick them up for much cheaper.

But used, you can find that at around $110 easily

Businesses aren't looking to rely on used hardware. On sale this thing should be like $89. It has it's place in the market.

Businesses aren't looking to rely on used hardware. On sale this thing should be like $89. It has it's place in the market. If it's priced low enough even consumers might view it as an alternative option compared to the other variants of the R7 260X.

OP never said it was for businesses and neither does the article....

The significance of the performance different is greater that the significance of the price difference. That's all I'm saying.

OP never said it was for businesses and neither does the article....

The significance of the performance different is greater that the significance of the price difference. That's all I'm saying.

The product itself is labeled and advertised for businesses. Hence why it is labeled the "R7 260X iCafe Gaming OC".

The problem is the price difference is quite a significant leap at this price point. $50 covers half of another one of these cards that would cover another client.

The machines in question are for playing MMORPG's which aren't graphics intensive at all. So it boils down to supply and demand to reach greater revenue.

The product itself is labeled and advertised for businesses. Hence why it is labeled the "R7 260X iCafe Gaming OC".

The problem is the price difference is quite a significant leap at this price point. $50 covers half of another one of these cards that would cover another client.

The machines in question are for playing MMORPG's which aren't graphics intensive at all. So it boils down to supply and demand to reach greater revenue.

ICafe means literally nothing to me, they aren't big in the U.S.

As for the price you need to wait a bit for deals to pop up. Just like people bought 290's for cheap they do have some deals once in awhile.

But I do understand what you're saying now.

1000MHz higher mem speed than the R7 260X OC. Doesn't really justify its existance imo.

"Cost effective" heatsink

Looks like they re-used Intel stock coolers and put a shroud around it

"Rawr XD"

Anything lower than a GTX 760 / 960 / R9 270x should have a single slot card available. This is just another bog standard card you can get from any partner.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

"Cost effective" heatsink

Looks like they re-used Intel stock coolers and put a shroud around it

But hey it works.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Anything lower than a GTX 760 / 960 / R9 270x should have a single slot card available. This is just another bog standard card you can get from any partner.

Not really, the R7 260x draws some power and needs a good fan to keep it cool, 1 slot coolers come with small fans like my R4 240, also the small fans are noiser at higher speeds.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Not really, the R7 260x draws some power and needs a good fan to keep it cool, 1 slot coolers come with small fans like my R4 240, also the small fans are noiser at higher speeds.

I agree. The HD 7850 (R7 265) had one single-slot model, but it ran hot and stupid loud. afaik the highest reasonable single-slot AMD card is the 250X

"Rawr XD"