Headphone Suggestion

MitchellPerez

But you WERE caring by saying "I feel like this sub- forum becomes a fiio / O2 amp fanboy". There's implicit judgement in those words.

It's interesting you make a statement like that, but when challenged it's all "I dont want to fuss about simple because it's personal".

Which is it?

They initially denied the flaw, quoting incorrect numbers. It took another forum member to actually test the amp before they even acknowledged the possibility.

Was NWAvguy being polite in telling them the problem though? As far as i know NWAvguy is generally pretty inflammatory in many audio forums.

I stated that opinion based on how several members of the sub-forum are very anti-schiit in general. Many people from other sites have stated that they can't hear the difference between schiit magni / modi and O2 / ODAC. If magni + modi combo is cheaper and (subjectively) looks better, why don't recommend that to people if they want to get an amp around that price range?

Did Jason offer to replace those AKGs or any others that became malformed due to the Asgard?

Any link about that? because I thought there were no headphone that got broken because of this

Any link about that? because I thought there were no headphone that got broken because of this

The amplifier changed the physical characteristics of the driver.  How is that not damaging to the headphone?

My PC specifications are in my profile.

The amplifier changed the physical characteristics of the driver.  How is that not damaging to the headphone?

So you're saying there's a headphone that got its driver broken by the amp, but the driver membrane IS a mechanical part of the headphone, how is it changing the physical characteristics of the driver? :huh:

I stated that opinion based on how several members of the sub-forum are very anti-schiit in general. Many people from other sites have stated that they can't hear the difference between schiit magni / modi and O2 / ODAC. If magni + modi combo is cheaper and (subjectively) looks better, why don't recommend that to people if they want to get an amp around that price range?

Haven't we already explained that? And in fact you're wrong, I have listed Schiit products as possible solutions before and recently, too. But I also make it clear that I don't like the company and many of their products. "Hating on" Schiit doesn't automatically make me a fanboy of other companies.

Haven't we already explained that? And in fact you're wrong, I have listed Schiit products as possible solutions before and recently, too. But I also make it clear that I don't like the company and many of their products. "Hating on" Schiit doesn't automatically make me a fanboy of other companies.

Wrong in which part? As far as I remember we went into a debate before about schiit fulla vs E10K :blink:

Wrong in which part? As far as I remember we went into a debate before about schiit fulla vs E10K :blink:

You said: Why not recommend Schiit if they sound the same as the O2 (or whatever). I said. I DO recommend Schiit. Not a Fiio fanboy, not a nwavguy toadie, and in my estimation neither is anyone else here.

Defend Schiit if you want, but lets at least keep the discourse above the level of namecalling.

You said: Why not recommend Schiit if they sound the same as the O2 (or whatever). I said. I DO recommend Schiit. Not a Fiio fanboy, not a nwavguy toadie, and in my estimation neither is anyone else here.

Defend Schiit if you want, but lets at least keep the discourse above the level of namecalling.

But you said you hate schiit and now you say that you recommend schiit. I'm confused

I officially don't know where this conversation is going :mellow:

But you said you hate schiit and now you say that you recommend schiit. I'm confused

I officially don't know where this conversation is going :mellow:

It probably shouldn't have started in the first place.

So you're saying there's a headphone that got its driver broken by the amp, but the driver membrane IS a mechanical part of the headphone, how is it changing the physical characteristics of the driver? :huh:

Just because the headphones still worked does not mean that what happened to those headphones was normal or okay.  Even AKG stated that the customers' measurements (which Jason even copped to later on after several pages) were dangerous to the headphones.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

DC is bad for transducers in general, at the level the Asgard was doing it was above spec for the AKGs.

I feel like this sub- forum becomes a fiio / O2 amp fanboy

Bitch, it's all bout dat Syba DAC. 

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Just because the thing is mechanical doesn't mean it can move whichever way you want it to. The amp deformed it in a way that the driver was not mean't to move.