How to figure out which fan is loud.

Scruffy90

I want to figure out which fans are loud (my rig is loud). What is the best way to go about doing this?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Test them out one by one

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Unplug them one by one and see if it gets quieter... As soon as it does, you know the one unplugged is a loud fan

Test them out one by one

plug in one at a time?

Unplug them one by one and see if it gets quieter... As soon as it does, you know the one unplugged is a loud fan

Any way to try this with the CPU and GPU fans (I assume theyre the culprits)?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Any way to try this with the CPU and GPU fans (I assume theyre the culprits)?

for the GPU fan manually set it to 0 and see if it makes a driffrence for the CPU fan stop every fan but the CPU one

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

You can use a decibel meter. 

And point it at said objects? I know the rig overall is about 47dB

for the GPU fan manually set it to 0 and see if it makes a driffrence for the CPU fan stop every fan but the CPU one

Set it to zero using somethinng like afterburner? And the rest makes sense. Thanks!

And point it at said objects? I know the rig overall is about 47dB

I meant with individual parts

You can't so that with the CPU fan though

System: Thinkpad T460