Official AMD Free Sync launch

spartaman64

didn't it officially launch during ces?

i think that was the adaptive sync launch amd probably wants to have their own event for it

Is this going to be a amd exclusive???

Rest in Pepperoni

free sync is adaptive sync is not

Negative, hence the 'free' part of freesync.

But at the same time I would very much doubt that nvidia will get on board, they have a liking for pushing proprietary standards

free sync is adaptive sync is not

wat?

Rest in Pepperoni

didn't it officially launch during ces?

CES was a technology demo.

It will be unless Nvidia decides to cut G-Sync and adapt the use of Adaptive-Sync. Which I predict happening not long from now.

It will be unless Nvidia decides to cut G-Sync and adapt the use of Adaptive-Sync. Which I predict happening not long from now.

i can see intel getting onboard also

wat?

free sync is amd's implementation of it. if nvidia does decide to use it they will probably call it g sync as stated in the picture free sync has 3 parts adaptive sync, amd graphics card, and the catalyst drivers

but all the source were from jan~feb

Maybe, Nvidia can choose to support it ... or not.

Maybe, Nvidia can choose to support it ... or not.

i hope intel supports it. it might be asking too much of nvidia and their love of closed proprietary software

i can see intel getting onboard also

They will need to soon in order to stay competitive with both G-Sync and FreeSync on the market.

The heat will come once FreeSync drivers land for Kaveri.

Then again Intel isn't exactly hell bound on gaming performance and experience.

They will need to soon in order to stay competitive with both G-Sync and FreeSync on the market.

The heat will come once FreeSync drivers land for Kaveri.

Then again Intel isn't exactly hell bound on gaming performance and experience.

Intel probably will, though until its iGPU offerings surpass AMD's it's not exactly worth it to add the extra circuitry to its chips. I think Intel is banking on buying out/merging with Nvidia in the long term and getting access to that GPU IP. The enterprise war of 2016-2017 will determine whether or not Intel and Nvidia remain in competition or not.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Intel probably will, though until its iGPU offerings surpass AMD's it's not exactly worth it to add the extra circuitry to its chips. I think Intel is banking on buying out/merging with Nvidia in the long term and getting access to that GPU IP. The enterprise war of 2016-2017 will determine whether or not Intel and Nvidia remain in competition or not.

for adaptive sync doesnt intel just have to write software for it

for adaptive sync doesnt intel just have to write software for it

If it doesn't already exist. Still it may not be worth it until their FPS gets higher.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

If it doesn't already exist. Still it may not be worth it until their FPS gets higher.

? adaptive sync isnt supposed to give you better frame rates

? adaptive sync isnt supposed to give you better frame rates

I mean it's not worth Intel investing in a model of FreeSync until its iGPUs provide better frame rates.

I mean it's not worth Intel investing in a model of FreeSync until its iGPUs provide better frame rates.

isnt that part of what free sync is for. you can have like 40 some fps but it will look closer to 60 and intel is going to have some pretty good igpus really soon

isnt that part of what free sync is for. you can have like 40 some fps but it will look closer to 60 and intel is going to have some pretty good igpus really soon

It might improve consistency/smoothness, but Intel's iGPUs don't have big variances in frame timing as it is.

I know better iGPUs are inbound. I'm excited to see how Iris Pro 5200 performs, especially when backed with solid dual-channel 2400/2666MHz RAM. 6100/6200 with (I can only hope) quad-channel will be an even contender for AMD's current offerings without a doubt.

"Recently AMD introduced freesync" 

|Recently

|Recently

|Recently

...no

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

Negative, hence the 'free' part of freesync.

But at the same time I would very much doubt that nvidia will get on board, they have a liking for pushing proprietary standards

Nope. Freesync will likely stay an amd thing

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

FreeSync is for removing the use of V-SYNC in games. Replacing a heavy software implementation to reduce screen tearing with a hardware implementation. It may give you slight performance gains if you always play games with V-SYNC on to reduce tearing. Tho otherwise you won't notice a FPS difference other than the game being more fluid.

Please Intel i beg you make this a standard in the next chipset update it will force nvidia to support it. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s