Apple to Buy 1/3 of Global Gold Supply for its i-Watch

ahhming

I do wish they never introduced this version. Not only it's going to be really expensive, but people are going to get pissed if they have to spend $$$ for a gold watch every year to own the latest version. Plus other problems like thefts, and security in their stores, etc is just going to complicate things. 

Don't have any clue what you're upto Apple

I hope they do it and have huge piles of gold left over

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Apple reduce mobile phone thefts significantly with their lock software. They then want to get a million people per month to carry 3000 dollars of gold on their wrists.

Great idea, Mr. Cook.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

WAT? After apple doesn't sell as many Gold Watches as they expect, the world will go into a recession

sQEApZL.gif

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

I do wish they never introduced this version. Not only it's going to be really expensive, but people are going to get pissed if they have to spend $$$ for a gold watch every year to own the latest version. Plus other problems like thefts, and security in their stores, etc is just going to complicate things.

Don't have any clue what you're upto Apple

Really?

Rich people are going to get mad they have to spend more money on rich things? I don't think you understand how people who have this much money behave and spend. They don't care.

And as far as security goes, they're already redesigning the store layout. Not saying theft won't happen, but they're not morons.

Do you get pissed that AP, Hublot, or Rolex make watches out of pure gold? Cause they do. They use even more expensive stuff along with the gold sometimes.

Apple ordered 5 million total watches. Doesn't mean even 5% are gold. They don't need to sell a lot, they just need them to exist.

This isn't going to get perceived as a tech device so stop trying to justify its price and existence like one. The 350 dollar version will. The 10,000 dollar golden one won't. Two very different markets with the same product.

Ever heard of fashion? It's a thing. Contrary to what neckbearded hoodie wearing members of the Internet think. This will succeed since it's being marketed as a fashion item to the general public first. Something evry other watch maker apart from LG has failed in attempting.

For $5,000 I'll buy a mechanical watch for the sake of buying a watch, no smartwatch will EVER be or should be that expensive!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

Or I don't know, that foil they use to protect spacecraft, making semi-conductors, you know, all those things that can help advance mankind.

No, fuck it, lets just make asinine watches for hipsters who can't actually afford the fucking things in the first place.

The same argument can be made about balloons filled with Helium. In the universe its one of the most abundant molecules but here on earth its finite and we cant make anymore (its escape velocity is very low meaning it just goes up into space and out of our atmosphere). But we can use it to create superconductor to run the LHC,Scanners etc... Lucky however we may be able to create or find room temperature superconductors that may ease the issue.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

The same argument can be made about balloons filled with Helium. In the universe its one of the most abundant molecules but here on earth its finite and we cant make anymore (its escape velocity is very low meaning it just goes up into space and out of our atmosphere). But we can use it to create superconductor to run the LHC,Scanners etc... Lucky however we may be able to create or find room temperature superconductors that may ease the issue.

True enough, still seems like a ginormous waste of gold.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

True enough, still seems like a ginormous waste of gold.

Yep but you know human greed > Logic. (not that I am an angel in that department)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Luckily i got my  99.99% Pure Gold before apple starts this waste of resources think of what this gold could be sued for instead like Electronics like CPU's etc

So that's good. Nevermind all the other crucial needs of gold like medical equipment and critical electronics. As long as people can buy a $10,000 2 hour watch.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Gold wasted...

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

You're right. Though apple fans always surprise me when it come to find funds for a new "revolutionary" product.

There's a rumor that Apple is making an iBalaclava to help them raise the money. 

It has a built-in money counter which can be combined with an app on your iPhone, so you can see how much you still need to steal and how many old ladies you still need to rob to achieve that goal.

post-139790-0-67975100-1425328312.jpg

Apple, STAHP, that gold could be used for much better and less idiotic things.

Same can be said regarding any material product, including products that you probably purchase. This is capitalism at its best for you.

They can't be fucking serious.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

There's a rumor that Apple is making an iBalaclava to help them raise the money. 

It has a built-in money counter which can be combined with an app on your iPhone, so you can see how much you still need to steal and how many old ladies you still need to rob to achieve that goal.

attachicon.gifiBalaclava.jpg

I read that in the middle of a huge vape hit, thanks for the coughing/laughing fit.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

What demand? I haven't herd of anyone wanting to buy one let alone a gold one. Also 2 ounces of gold per watch?... come on I really doubt that.

asian markets have higher demand for gold 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I think this whole iWatch thing everyone is doing is a fad, Apple should be spending more preparing to go up against Microsoft HoloLens...

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

there are time pieces out there that are worth more than my car. some over $20k. All they do is tell time. And those watches do get pushed. So Apple wont have trouble selling the gold ones. Especially since everyone with money who doesnt know what to do with it end up getting iPhones anyways since all there dumb friends are. I work with rich people so i know how dumb there spending is. As long as there are stupid people with money, apple has a target market lol

there are time pieces out there that are worth more than my car. some over $20k. All they do is tell time. And those watches do get pushed. So Apple wont have trouble selling the gold ones. Especially since everyone with money who doesnt know what to do with it end up getting iPhones anyways since all there dumb friends are. I work with rich people so i know how dumb there spending is. As long as there are stupid people with money, apple has a target market lol

The other sad/amusing aspect is that people who can buy a 20k Apple Watch already have a couple of 20k watches. This isn't some "first purchase" scenario for these guys. They've got bloody suits that are worth more than even the most expensive PC on this forum; the target market for a watch like that is a whole different animal all together. 

You can't generalize the shopping habits of someone who buys a 250-350 dollar smart watch to someone who will blow 20k on a watch without a second thought. And enough of those people exist to make the Watch Edition a successful enough product. 

Apple was great. Then SJ died... Now it's doing terrible things like the iPhone 6 and the iWatch... Retina macs are nice though!

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Apple... what are you doing these days....

This makes the Atari E.T. fiasco come to mind...

In that case get your metal detector ready for when they bury all the unsold units in a dumpster.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

If you owned 1/3 of the worlds gold, would you be selling watches? Um, i dont think so. Bill Gates, please get me my coffee. thank you very much.

This is dumb.  If I was going to spend that much money on anything, it would probably be something pragmatic like using diamonds as a material for prescription lenses.  They would be next to impossible to scratch.  I hate wearing glasses for that reason.

My PC specifications are in my profile.