Unreal Engine 4 is now free

Rafy

Must download just to see what its like :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

This is great. I'm excited to learn this engine.

ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ : Planning Stages.

i7 4790K | MSI Krait | 480 GB SSD | R9 295 x2 | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Watercooled

Do you guys know any good tutorial websites/series for UE(4 preferably), i remember i tried out UE3 but what turned me off is lack of tutorials or i didnt search good enough,so i turned to unity,its full of unity tutorials and guides everywhere but if there arent any of UE thats a problem,you cant just learn something by trial and error,at least not me.

Their own site.

They have tutorials on pretty much everything now and tons of documentations.

It's literally on the front page of the launcher.

RTX2070OC 

There own site.

They have tutorials on pretty much everything now and tons of documentations.

It's literally on the front page of the launcher.

Not only that, their YouTube tutorials are annotated if there has been a change in later versions compared to when the videos was recorded

Must check this out.

Someone please make a zombie survival game that doesn't suck, that's an actual survival game and not just an FPS with parkour (which I'll admit it now....is what dying light turned out to be)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

If anyone is wondering how to download the engine in the launcher you have to go to library and then press on " +add versions".

RTX2070OC 

If anyone is wondering how to download the engine in the launcher you have to go to library and then press + add versions.

Oh, thanks so much :D

Oh, thanks so much :D

Why doesn't my launcher connect to their servers.

Arghhh.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Why doesn't my launcher connect to their servers.

Arghhh.

Not sure,i reseted my router lol and downloaded at 5-12MB/s ,now doing tutorials,i also have a bitchy antivirus so i disabled and its firewall that idk which was the issue in the end.

Not sure,i reseted my router lol and downloaded at 5-12MB/s ,now doing tutorials,i also have a bitchy antivirus so i disabled and its firewall that idk which was the issue in the end.

I've done everything except resetting the router. 

Let's see how that works out...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Hooray! Now we can have crappy, unfinished Steam titles made with UE4 instead of Unity!

Seriously, though, this is awesome! (Though, to be honest, I'd have no idea how to do anything. Gonna download it anyway.)

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Nope, that didn't do it D:

Nope, that didn't do it D:

It's probably just overloaded servers.

RTX2070OC 

Hooray! Now we can have crappy, unfinished Steam titles made with UE4 instead of Unity!

Seriously, though, this is awesome! (Though, to be honest, I'd have no idea how to do anything. Gonna download it anyway.)

Yea well Unity seems great but after months of trying to learn stuff on it,i figured out this: any game made with unity all its assets and code can be broken pretty easy,in other words all the code and models/textures you put into a game they can all be unpacked very easily.Altough making a comercial game is very hard,and people already crack AAA games in no time but last thing you want is your assets and scripts copied so easily,i tried it on a free unity game and i had access to everything in 5 min,i mean really?

looks like I'm getting 30$ 

"We succeed only if you succeed"

"5% off from revenue"

I can understand that the "5% off from revenue" allows them to avoid the abuse of accounting sorcery, but it's still a pretty hefty con. However, afaik UE4 is much more complete than Unity, which has it's own quirks and some of the functionality needs to be bought off from the marketplace.

I can see why a lot of people like to use this though.

Basic tutorial was instantly integrated into the editor the first time I launched it.

Everything is changed as you go - you don't have to compile the game every time you make the slightest change to quickly check if it breaks.

I could get used to this.

unreal engine was always free unless you made 50K or more off it

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 RAM: 16 GB GeIL Dragon 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 770OC 2GB Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage: 1TB WD, Blue, 120GB, munch ssd PSU: 600w Corsair 

Display: aoc tn something, Dell ips U24..  Keyboard: CM storm quickfire xt Brown switches Mouse: Logitech G502, Pricing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CBWjX

Wow, this is just really unexpected and awesome! :0

I bet it isn't made simple for the idiots like me, but oh well, still really cool! Hope it helps out lots of people.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I don't even know how to use it. :(

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)