windows 10 Bsod video memory management error

Kobrastachka

I keep getting the BSOD every few hours when I'm playing Dayz and dieing light. It says

video_memory _management _error. How do I fix this? thx for the help!

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

its probably a bug with the new WDDM 2.0 compatible graphics drivers.

As you know windows 10 is not finished. I would suspect you'll see a bunch more graphics errors for the next little while as they prepare DX12 (and the ability for new services like WDDM 2.0 to deal with older stuff)

just keep your eyes open for the graphics card drivers as they come out. In the mean time play your games on a different OS (7 or 8.1)

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

its probably a bug with the new WDDM 2.0 compatible graphics drivers.

As you know windows 10 is not finished. I would suspect you'll see a bunch more graphics errors for the next little while as they prepare DX12 (and the ability for new services like WDDM 2.0 to deal with older stuff)

just keep your eyes open for the graphics card drivers as they come out. In the mean time play your games on a different OS (7 or 8.1)

thx

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

Usually, I recommend to wait for the second official drivers once the Windows 10 is out.

While this time it might be different as Windows 10 is public preview for a while, and the back end changes seams to be done, usually the first Windows 10 official drivers are just to have something which is decently good. But as the wide adoption takes place, the second drivers are focus on bug fixes, and optimizations.

This is a discussion that comes out every time a new Windows is released, where some sites trying to be "first", in gaming benchmark, and like always, they find that the new Windows is slower in gaming than the previous one, and once the second/third drivers are out for the new OS, people start to become vocal on how the performance is better or the same, and there you have a fight between benchmark done by a site, and people results.

Fun times :/

• 4 months later...

Hi! You should try the "Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool" in controlpanel. Im having the same issiue with my windows 10, and ive come to that it must be a problem with the RAM. Im getting my help from here: "http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1915864/memory-management-error-windows.html" and yes i know this guide is for windows 8.1 but my computer found the problem and im hoping it will solve it to :) il report back if this worked for me! :) sorry if there are some spelling poops here and there! :P

Quote from the guide " The "0X0000001A" error also known as the Memory_Management error occurs when the system memory malfunctions. Every system has at least two memory banks and the memory is installed on it. If the problem is in one of them then the total system memory decreases and the operating system gives you the blue screen error of Memory_Management."