whats better

lukky211111
Go to solution Solved by CatzRuleZWorld,

Another thing with a laptop for bringing to a friend's is that it is quite a bit different with a smaller screen and such. I have a laptop that I sometimes bring to my friend's house and it runs league fine but it's so much different than my desktop that I don't like playing ranked with it there. When I bring my desktop and use the extra monitor he has there though, it's just like home. My desktop is a elite 130 mITX build. You could maybe do something like what I have and maybe use a NCASE M1 or SG13(when it comes out), or an elite 110. I kinda wish mine was smaller. You could get something that runs league great for like $500-600 in a mITX form factor.

what would be better i wanted something other than my main build for pc gaming. id like a computer i can just take over toa  friends do league and other games similar to that any suggestions? this can include a laptop or even a smaller lan pc build.

askdjfasdf

Small lan. Depends on where you do your gaming.

are their any reasonably priced laptops that can possibly be more of a better deal?

askdjfasdf

mitx lan rig, laptops are really to expensive to justify for that use, as long as you can haul around a pc and monitor and have time to set it up, it wins over laptop. Laptops, are much more convenient and space efficient though, if you have another use for it (ie. School) and it's somewhat equivalent to a LAN rig that would be that better option

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

mitx lan rig, laptops are really to expensive to justify for that use, as long as you can haul around a pc and monitor and have time to set it up, it wins over laptop. Laptops, are much more convenient and space efficient though, if you have another use for it (ie. School) and it's somewhat equivalent to a LAN rig that would be that better option

can you make a recomendation for a laptop? possibly $1000 or less.

askdjfasdf

can you make a recomendation for a laptop? possibly $1000 or less.

Well, at that pricepoint, you can't really get much out of it, you're looking at a 850m/860m at best

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Well, at that pricepoint, you can't really get much out of it, you're looking at a 850m/860m at best

thats perfectly fine i dont need to run things maxed out on ultra.

askdjfasdf

Another thing with a laptop for bringing to a friend's is that it is quite a bit different with a smaller screen and such. I have a laptop that I sometimes bring to my friend's house and it runs league fine but it's so much different than my desktop that I don't like playing ranked with it there. When I bring my desktop and use the extra monitor he has there though, it's just like home. My desktop is a elite 130 mITX build. You could maybe do something like what I have and maybe use a NCASE M1 or SG13(when it comes out), or an elite 110. I kinda wish mine was smaller. You could get something that runs league great for like $500-600 in a mITX form factor.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

thats perfectly fine i dont need to run things maxed out on ultra.

Well, have a look around, browse the internet I guess and look at reviews before you buy anything. start here (http://www.anandtech.com/show/8771/best-1000-laptops-holiday-2014) but take it with a grain of salt, I'm not to informed on laptops

This is what I'd suggest for you with what I know of what you're wanting it for.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI H81I Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($63.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($64.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB Video Card  ($104.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Cooler Master Elite 110 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($36.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($24.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $445.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-01 23:32 EST-0500

The SSD could be switched out for a HDD or you could do both. The Seidon cooler is really cheap right now with a MIR which is why I chose that. You could probably go with 4GB of RAM if you want because I hardly ever use more than 4 even though I have 8. That case is about the smallest you can get without compromises. That GPU can max out League no problem and it can probably do quite a bit with other games. My 750Ti (slightly worse than the 260x) can do bioshock infinite at ultra (1080p) no problem. My G3258 with a similar cooler is overlocked by 40% (4.5GHz) so if you can overlock get that CPU but if you can't just get an i3 and use the stock cooler. I have the same motherboard there and it works great for that CPU and it'll work with an i3 also. All of the parts were chosen with price in mind and the ability to max out league of legends for a few years. If you want to spend more, let me know and I can do a bit better build list.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

This is what I'd suggest for you with what I know of what you're wanting it for.

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 

The SSD could be switched out for a HDD or you could do both. The Seidon cooler is really cheap right now with a MIR which is why I chose that. You could probably go with 4GB of RAM if you want because I hardly ever use more than 4 even though I have 8. That case is about the smallest you can get without compromises. That GPU can max out League no problem and it can probably do quite a bit with other games. My 750Ti (slightly worse than the 260x) can do bioshock infinite at ultra (1080p) no problem. My G3258 with a similar cooler is overlocked by 40% (4.5GHz) so if you can overlock get that CPU but if you can't just get an i3 and use the stock cooler. I have the same motherboard there and it works great for that CPU and it'll work with an i3 also. All of the parts were chosen with price in mind and the ability to max out league of legends for a few years. If you want to spend more, let me know and I can do a bit better build list.

thank you so much dude! 

askdjfasdf

the case i wanna use in this would actually be the bitfenix prodigy case ive already changed that around in the pcpartpicker list. now what if i wanna use a quad core? im saying using an amd cpu along with a aio liquid cooler if possible. thank you.

askdjfasdf

the case i wanna use in this would actually be the bitfenix prodigy case ive already changed that around in the pcpartpicker list. now what if i wanna use a quad core? im saying using an amd cpu along with a aio liquid cooler if possible. thank you.

I would not recommend an AMD cpu but if you want quad core in the prodigy this would work great!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($159.99 @ Micro Center)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: MSI H81I Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($63.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Team Xtreem Dark Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($54.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($64.95 @ SuperBiiz)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB Video Card ($122.98 @ Newegg)

Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case ($75.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $612.87

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-02 01:26 EST-0500

That cooler works just about as good as an aio liquid cooler, it's quieter, and you don't need any more for that cpu.

An i3 might also be a good choice because it is closer to a quad core but not as expensive. If I was to build my computer again not wanting to overclock I would get an i3

I would not recommend an AMD cpu but if you want quad core in the prodigy this would work great!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($159.99 @ Micro Center)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: MSI H81I Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($63.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Team Xtreem Dark Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($54.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $612.87

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-02 01:26 EST-0500

That cooler works just about as good as an aio liquid cooler, it's quieter, and you don't need any more for that cpu.

An i3 might also be a good choice because it is closer to a quad core but not as expensive. If I was to build my computer again not wanting to overclock I would get an i3

Is  amd cpu usable in this config at all? 

askdjfasdf

Is  amd cpu usable in this config at all?

I don't know much about AMD builds because Intel blows it away in value but I guess this would work. I think it would perform about as good as the dual core pentium one I posted. There wasn't any 6300 motherboards that are mITX so I couldn't do that cpu.

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($78.78 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XN-WIFI Mini ITX FM2+ Motherboard ($93.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Amazon)

Total: $561.66

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-02 11:23 EST-0500