PCIe Wifi or Router Bridge?

Having a hard time making a decision on this one. Due to some restrictions, I am unable to hardline to my router (ISP provided). So I was thinking about getting a PCIe wifi adapter. From either ASUS, TP-LINK, AMPED, etc. However, the reviews on these adapters are sub par. Users having issues with the software/drivers, signal disconnects/derogation, and/or hardware failure/compatibility. So I started thinking about getting another router to wirelessly bridge to my ISP router, and hardline my computer into that. I do know that going with the second router route will be more expensive. Im leaning towards more the second router path as I feel it would be more reliable, compared to getting an adapter that may or may not be reliable. Anyone have any input on this? Or has been in the same scenario as I?

Thanks

Surely you can replace the piece of crap they provided with your own one? The second option is obviously better but I'd be surprised if you truly cannot replace the router they gave you.

Im on Verizon FiOS, MOCA network. Even if I did go through the trouble of replacing it. I still cannot hard line to it due to location issues between the devices. If I could, I would get my ass in the attic to route new lines. But I can't modify my house.