Essential Android Apps?

JaackPricee

I'm about to get my first Android phone tomorrow (coming from iPhones) and I'm wondering what are the essential apps that every Android user cannot live without? 

2048, lel.

WhatsApp and some Google Apps (like Keep and Mail) are important.

Google Chrome is nice too.

And 9Gag is decent too.

EDIT: Go Launcher (or any other launcher) and Google Keyboard (or another keyboard) too @JaackPricee

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

what do you find essential on your iphone, we can recommend parallels.

and a battery manger app and a phone antivirus/ malware app (dont worry its rare to find a virus but its nice to have the option)

SwiftKey.

Only keyboard you'll ever need. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

what do you find essential on your iphone, we can recommend parallels.

and a battery manger app and a phone antivirus/ malware app (dont worry its rare to find a virus but its nice to have the option)

Well, iMessage was very useful for sending pictures etc (I know Hangouts is a thing but is it actually any good?), I really liked Apple's stock eMail app, but I also used GMail (different email addresses).

Can you recommend any battery manager apps and antivirus apps please?

SwiftKey.

Only keyboard you'll ever need. 

See, I tried that on my iPhone when Apple gave devs the go-ahead and I honestly didn't like it very much :/ 

2048, lel.

WhatsApp and some Google Apps (like Keep and Mail) are important.

Google Chrome is nice too.

And 9Gag is decent too.

EDIT: Go Launcher (or any other launcher) and Google Keyboard (or another keyboard) too @JaackPricee

What's Go Launcher? :)

What's Go Launcher? :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gau.go.launcherex&hl=en

An alternative home screen, which I prefer over the standard one.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

See, I tried that on my iPhone when Apple gave devs the go-ahead and I honestly didn't like it very much :/ 

When did Apple ever allow custom keyboards?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1.- Swiftkey

2.- 9gag

3.- Whatsapp

4.- Metal Slug Defense

5.- Moon Reader pro

6.- MX Player

7.- Keepsafe

8.- Beautiful widgets

9.- Jetpack joyride :3

Don't get mad, get even...

When did Apple ever allow custom keyboards?

Quite a while ago :P not sure exactly when though 

cyanogenmod calculator(super good calculator, matrices, and graphing support), if you need a more powerful calculator you could get calculator emulator, that can emulate any texas instruments calculator of your choosing. Youtube, VLC, TVCatchup, netflix for movie watching/TV watching. Appy gamer/appy geek for gaming and tech news. Reddit is fun (if you use reddit). Spotify/google play music for music. Twitch for wan show. keyboard swiftkey(many other have already mentioned this). 

EDIT: I realised you bought the OnePlus One. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

cyanogenmod calculator(super good calculator, matrices, and graphing support), if you need a more powerful calculator you could get calculator emulator, that can emulate any texas instruments calculator of your choosing. Youtube, VLC, TVCatchup, netflix for movie watching/TV watching. Appy gamer/appy geek for gaming and tech news. Reddit is fun (if you use reddit). Spotify/google play music for music. Twitch for wan show. keyboard swiftkey(many other have already mentioned this). 

Very useful. Thank you! :)

The phone I have bought is the OnePlus One, so with it running CyanogenMod and all its customizability, would Go Launcher still be worth it? :)

Not sure, Haven't actually used CyanogenMod yet.

You can see for yourself if you will like the standard home screen.

Another useful one is MyBoy! Free. A pretty good free GBA emulator.

Really nice, if you are into that stuff (You have to get your own ROMs though)

Not sure, Haven't actually used CyanogenMod yet.

You can see for yourself if you will like the standard home screen.

Another useful one is MyBoy! Free. A pretty good free GBA emulator.

Really nice, if you are into that stuff (You have to get your own ROMs though)

Well from the videos and screenshots I think I'm going to like the standard home screen.

MyBoy actually looks quite interesting, I'll probably give that a go :) thank you

The phone I have bought is the OnePlus One, so with it running CyanogenMod and all its customizability, would Go Launcher still be worth it? :)

Well I use nova launcher, just try a few(launchers) and see which one you like. If you want a full custom look consider looking into themer. Also just a tip for increasing the overall snapiness of your OnePlus One. Scroll to the very bottom press about phone(settings), scroll to the bottom of that list again. Press Build number 5 times that will enable developer options(don't be scared nothing too crazy). Go back once, and you should see devolper options. Scroll down again and find DRAWING, under drawing there should be animation speed for many things change them to like 0.25 to make it feel snappier. Also in the same menu scroll to the very bottom and you should see APPS, under apps select runtime, by default change its DALVIK change it to ART for better performance and battery life. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Well I use nova launcher, just try a few(launchers) and see which one you like. If you want a full custom look consider looking into themer. Also just a tip for increasing the overall snapiness of your OnePlus One. Scroll to the very bottom press about phone(settings), scroll to the bottom of that list again. Press Build number 5 times that will enable developer options(don't be scared nothing too crazy). Go back once, and you should see devolper options. Scroll down again and find DRAWING, under drawing there should be animation speed for many things change them to like 0.25 to make it feel snappier. Also in the same menu scroll to the very bottom and you should see APPS, under apps select runtime, by default change its DALVIK change it to ART for better performance and battery life. 

I am screenshotting this :D Thank you very much :P are you getting this information from a website or just your knowledge?

I am screenshotting this :D Thank you very much :P are you getting this information from a website or just your knowledge?

Well, I've personally got a OnePlus One and I had a nexus 4 previously, just the knowledge I've gained over the past 2 years of using android. 

Well, I've personally got a OnePlus One and I had a nexus 4 previously, just the knowledge I've gained over the past 2 years of using android. 

Ok cool, what are your opinions on the OPO?