RMA or Fix?

SatanicDolphin

Hey, I have a R9 280x Sapphire Dual-X and one of the fans gets a bit noisy at 50% fan speed. My question is would it be worth it to RMA the card or to just pick up new fans off ebay for $25 and stick them in, i checked out the card and it looks like fans can be removed without removing heat sink. What is you opinion? 

Fans do get noisy at about 50%, no need to RMA or replace.  It is doing what it is supposed to do.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

If you can, you should RMA it in my opinion. If there are some problems later on, they could decide to decline an RMA due to the fact that you changed the fans. :)

EDIT:

Fans do get noisy at about 50%, no need to RMA or replace.  It is doing what it is supposed to do.

Also dat! :D

Not noisy woosh sound a noisy mechanical failure sound.

Not noisy woosh sound a noisy mechanical failure sound.

Can you create a video or sound clip to share with us?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Can you create a video or sound clip to share with us?

This isn't my video but the sound is the same only mine is a bit louder the Sound starts at a round 8 seconds in the video.

This isn't my video but the sound is the same only mine is a bit louder the Sound starts at a round 8 seconds in the video.

I'm not hearing anything abnormal.

I'm not hearing anything abnormal.

you can hear a slight buzzing as if a fan is rubbing on the heatsink , my r9 280x windforce does that at low rpms 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

you can hear a slight buzzing as if a fan is rubbing on the heatsink , my r9 280x windforce does that at low rpms 

I am not sure that it is actually the fan causing that, plus, this isn't even a video of his system.

It sounds like a very faint tick to me.