Building New Computer

skaran27

Hey guys, I have been out of the loop of the PC master race recently. I have built two computers in the past so I want to build a new one but I do not have time to look at parts and compare them so I will trust you guys! I want a computer than can run every game no full settings. I like to stream as well and I have dual monitors one at 144hz and another at 60 hz so I want the computer to handle that. I want to be able to watch twitch streams on one monitor while I play games on the other monitor. SO, let me know what parts I should get please make a build for me I will tell you what I think!

Thanks in Advance.

Hey guys, I have been out of the loop of the PC master race recently. I have built two computers in the past so I want to build a new one but I do not have time to look at parts and compare them so I will trust you guys! I want a computer than can run every game no full settings. I like to stream as well and I have dual monitors one at 144hz and another at 60 hz so I want the computer to handle that. I want to be able to watch twitch streams on one monitor while I play games on the other monitor. SO, let me know what parts I should get please make a build for me I will tell you what I think!

Thanks in Advance.

Budget and location?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Budget and location?

Live in America. Budget is up to you guys whatever you guys think I need to run every game on full settings.

Live in America. Budget is up to you guys whatever you guys think I need to run every game on full settings.

But...you need a budget.

well any of the builds that are over 1k in my signature will work

wait 30 minutes though because im updating them

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

But...you need a budget.

I am willing to spend as much as I need too to run every game. So, there is not really a budget.

I am willing to spend as much as I need too to run every game. So, there is not really a budget.

Do you want overclocking and/or a specific colour scheme? Any preferred size? (ATX etc)

EDIT: I saw your other topic. You have what seems to be a pretty awesome PC as it is...if you really want to buy a new one/upgrade, you'd be best buying a new cpu, motherboard, perhaps a new cooler, and another 780Ti to SLI with the one you have.

Do you want overclocking and/or a specific colour scheme? Any preferred size? (ATX etc)

EDIT: I saw your other topic. You have what seems to be a pretty awesome PC as it is...if you really want to buy a new one/upgrade, you'd be best buying a new cpu, motherboard, perhaps a new cooler, and another 780Ti to SLI with the one you have.

Heres the thing man, I have that computer you are talking about and like I just got heroes of the storm and I put the settings on high and I am dropping fps like no tomorrow. I even overclocked the CPU to 4.6 yet its still shitty. I have no idea why thats why I just want to build a brand new one because I can never find the problem.

Heres the thing man, I have that computer you are talking about and like I just got heroes of the storm and I put the settings on high and I am dropping fps like no tomorrow. I even overclocked the CPU to 4.6 yet its still shitty. I have no idea why thats why I just want to build a brand new one because I can never find the problem.

Give me the specs of your PC (everything from CPU to PSU) and I will make a list of what you can upgrade. Also, which model of 780Ti is it

Give me the specs of your PC (everything from CPU to PSU) and I will make a list of what you can upgrade. Also, which model of 780Ti is it

My specs are CPU:i7 4930k. GPU: EVGA 780ti Classified Edition. Motherboard:Asus Rampage Extreme Edition. Ram: 16GB Dominator Platinum. CPU COOLER: H100i Corsair. I have 2 ssds at 120 gb and one 2tb HDD

My specs are CPU:i7 4930k. GPU: EVGA 780ti Classified Edition. Motherboard:Asus Rampage Extreme Edition. Ram: 16GB Dominator Platinum. CPU COOLER: H100i Corsair. I have 2 ssds at 120 gb and one 2tb HDD

Alright. A 780Ti Classified, 16GB RAM, H100i and your storage is good enough, if you want to upgrade you could upgrade your CPU, Motherboard, more RAM if you want to, and maybe even a bigger power supply if you need it. Or, you could go X99.

Alright. A 780Ti Classified, 16GB RAM, H100i and your storage is good enough, if you want to upgrade you could upgrade your CPU, Motherboard, more RAM if you want to, and maybe even a bigger power supply if you need it. Or, you could go X99.

So, what CPU, motherboard? Or should I go X99? Which is what?

So, what CPU, motherboard? Or should I go X99? Which is what?

CPU and Motherboard upgrade route:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($318.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($145.99 @ Directron) 
Total: $464.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-01 17:12 EST-0500

X99 Upgrade Route:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($369.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($238.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $809.81
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-01 17:14 EST-0500

CPU and Motherboard upgrade route:

Total: $464.97
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-01 17:12 EST-0500

X99 Upgrade Route:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($369.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($238.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $809.81
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-01 17:14 EST-0500

Which route do you think or prefer I should take for what my needs are. And plus side note what do you think about this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3qjG6h

Which route do you think or prefer I should take for what my needs are. And plus side note what do you think about this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3qjG6h

Well, if it was me I'd go down the cheaper route. Also: there's a couple of things I don't agree with on that build. If you didn't want to overclock, a Xeon E3 1231 V3 is cheaper than an i7 and performs just like one. I can make you a full build if you wish 

Well, if it was me I'd go down the cheaper route. Also: there's a couple of things I don't agree with on that build. If you didn't want to overclock, a Xeon E3 1231 V3 is cheaper than an i7 and performs just like one. I can make you a full build if you wish 

I do want to overclock if you can make me a gaming build that I can overclock that would be awesome!

I do want to overclock if you can make me a gaming build that I can overclock that would be awesome!

You can re-use the following items from your old PC: RAM, SSDs, Hard Drive, CPU Cooler, Video Card. I don't know what size your PSU is so I'll put a different one in the build. I will also leave the case to your own preference.

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($104.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $569.96
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-01 17:37 EST-0500

You can re-use the following items from your old PC: RAM, SSDs, Hard Drive, CPU Cooler, Video Card. I don't know what size your PSU is so I'll put a different one in the build. I will also leave the case to your own preference.

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($104.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $569.96
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-01 17:37 EST-0500

This motherboard doesn't have a display port on it

This motherboard doesn't have a display port on it

Why would the motherboard need a display port if you are going to be using your GPU?

Why would the motherboard need a display port if you are going to be using your GPU?

I sir am a fool!

I sir am a fool!

Both of your monitors should be connected to your GPU

Both of your monitors should be connected to your GPU

Yeah I forgot messed that up. Okay so basically I don't want to re use any parts from my old computer because I will probably give it to my brother. I just want a brand new build. What graphics card do you recommend? the highest end graphics card!

Yeah I forgot messed that up. Okay so basically I don't want to re use any parts from my old computer because I will probably give it to my brother. I just want a brand new build. What graphics card do you recommend? the highest end graphics card!

Just get an i7 4790k and a GTX 980

You are telling him to "upgrade" from i7 4930K to i7 4790K or 5820K, are you serious??

What's wrong with i7 4930K?