Ducky mini! Good for gaming and typing? Travel keyboard.

Sniper Xls

I am currently looking into a ducky mini red switches for taking to work university and travel as I cant stand rubber domes or flat bed keys any longer. (That is an exception for my MSI laptop where I find it nice to type on) That aside I would love a Ducky mini though I am worried if it will be okay for me to game on and if it will be okay for day to day use? Does anyone have one at all on here? 

I am currently looking into a ducky mini red switches for taking to work university and travel as I cant stand rubber domes or flat bed keys any longer. (That is an exception for my MSI laptop where I find it nice to type on) That aside I would love a Ducky mini though I am worried if it will be okay for me to game on and if it will be okay for day to day use? Does anyone have one at all on here?

what about the ducky 3 tkl? i think it is just a few cm wider and a couple cm shorter in depth actually, also it is cheaper^^ but no sorry, i dont have one..

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

I was looking for a txl but this has to fit inside a bag and also not be to heavy as well as they dont do shine 3 txls anymore :( Otherwise I would be looking at them :)

I use a Poker II, which is an extremely similar layout. I game on it all the time, and I have no issues, per say. For games that require both the use of WASD and the arrow keys (like the binding of isaac) I use a wired xbox controller, which I think is a better option any way.

Really, the only every day issues you may come across are the lack of arrow keys and the numpad, which many many games don't use.

Arrow keys I may find a bit of a struggle at times aside from that I wont be using it much for gaming and when I do game i dont use the number keys mostly fps which I play. I am wondering if anyone has it on the forum is all! 

If you can find a Poker II, then I would probably grab that over the Ducky Mini. However, the Mini would still be a solid choice.

I have a Ducky Mini, tho mine is the earlier version which is very much like Poker.

However the layout is the same in all of them and I can easily play World Of Tanks on it, would work for me for FPS games as well.

Depends on how you play and what keys you normally use in your FPS'.

I don't really see you missing any keys during gaming. However, typing will take slightly more time to get used to, since you need FN key to activate some stuff like "arrows" (WASD keys with FN), for moving the cursor, and delete. It will become muscle memory in about a month, after which you will again take a moment to get used to a normal keyboard again. I switched back to my TKL after few months using the Mini as my daily keyboard and still go for the FN at times. Funnily enough, that doesn't happen at work where I use a non-mechanical full keyboard.

It wont be used for gaming much say like 10 days out of the year depends how many events I go to if that. However typing will be its mainly use. Do you think I will find it hard using a mini then going full keyboard when I am home? 

I don't think you'll have issues with it, it will take a while to get used to the 60%, but going back to full is easier. As I said, I was using a full board at work, while using the 60% at home and had no issues, only the muscle memory came in when I switched at home and that was gone faster than it took to acquire.

Hmm I think I will go 60% then says me having to deal with rubber dome keys anymore!