Who was today's winner?

So what are everyone's thoughts on the two big press conferences today? I think the biggest announcement for me was the VR partnership with Valve on HTC's side. 

For those of you who haven't seen either, here are the video links. 

HTC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BWhM_oHr558

Samsung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVk3ZWrhHxc

(yes I am aware that the Samsung event is still happening as I am posting this)

-J.T.

neither have pure stock android

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

neither have pure stock android

HTC will likely release a Google Play edition of their m9

-J.T.

Both pretty disappointing. 

HTC still playing the catch up game. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Both were a  huge disapointment. HTC didn't improve the chin, and samsung just destroyed everything they had going for them

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

both really boring

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

HTC will likely release a Google Play edition of their m9

Highly unlikely, they would've said something about this. I am actually willing to eat a whole pizza(including the crust) if it's true.

In regards to the 2 phones(3 with the edge) I have to say Samsung kind of won today, given that the M9 is just an M8 with a new camera, the performance of which is still unknown(not great according to The Verge, but we'll wait and see). The design of the S6 looks better (would be hard - and REALLY dumb - to make it look worse than that band-aid from last year). Still, the keynote is still not over, maybe Samsung will pull off something really neat and impress us all.

Overall, not much of an upgrade from last year from either of these companies.

PS: That girl from Samsung should stop shouting...

Highly unlikely, they would've said something about this. I am actually willing to eat a whole pizza(including the crust) if it's true.

In regards to the 2 phones(3 with the edge) I have to say Samsung kind of won today, given that the M9 is just an M8 with a new camera, the performance of which is still unknown(not great according to The Verge, but we'll wait and see). The design of the S6 looks better (would be hard - and REALLY dumb - to make it look worse than that band-aid from last year). Still, the keynote is still not over, maybe Samsung will pull off something really neat and impress us all.

Overall, not much of an upgrade from last year from either of these companies.

PS: That girl from Samsung should stop shouting...

And the M8 was just a slightly better than the M7 as well.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Eh... nothing impressive.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

HTC, just cause they didn't butcher what made their device great

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

HTC again with same design.

Samsung again with same copycat kinda, the iPhone 6 design.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Hm, I cannot tell for Samsung, Youtube just says it is too long.

I thought both were disappointing but for different reasons.

HTC - Disappointing because it was basically nothing new. Oh good they changed the processor to the Snapdragon 810, what a surprise... They also went pantsu-on-head retarded with the camera. They made a full 180 on the resolution. Instead of stupidly low res they now have stupidly high res, and still no OIS like the M7. Congratulations HTC... How even Samsung will have better low light performance than you.

Samsung - Lots of great improvements but then they basically started stabbing themselves in the chest by removing microSD and the removable battery. If it wasn't for this huge cockup I would easily have said Samsung "won". HTC was flat out bad while Samsung were very good at some stuff and super bad at some.

Was there anything from One Plus? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Samsung: The transition to metal is great, though it looks EXACTLY like an iPhone, and this is from someone who doesn't think they've really ever done that before. Samsung Pay (cringe) is actually better than Google Wallet, in that it can be used anywhere credit cards are excepted (how is beyond me, as I know nothing about LoopPay). The fingerprint sensor is much better and the QHD screen at 5.1" is cool. Samsung needs to update their UI to be flatter, and they need to remove a lot of the useless features like the heartrate scanner and 90% of touchwiz. I honestly don't care about MicroSD or removable batteries, and neither do 100% of the Samsung users I know personally (IRL). My OPO doesn't have either, and I haven't died. The Edge is kinda cool, kinda gimmicky.

HTC: What the heck, this is basically a One M8 (not that great of a phone IMO) with a camera with more megapixels. Stupid, SKIP.

The Valve thing: I (and I speak for the 95% of people who don't game or do so in a non-hardcore manner) don't care. I care so little I can't even remember what it's called or what it does, except that it is either AR or VR. For AR, HoloLens trumps all, while the Rift does the same for VR. I won't even consider anything else.

Conclusion: nothing that makes me want to switch from my OPO.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650