Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2015 - MWC Galaxy S6/S6 Edge and Samsung Pay converage and discussion

Aniallation

This is my plan once the warrently runs out, rooot time! :D

lol yeah, I do wish they kept the removable back not just for battery reasons but also repairability. I haven't looked at the S5, but on the S4 pretty much everything was easy to replace if it broke. Aside from the screen, but then again how many flagship smartphones of this era don't have the LCD fused to the glass? :P

"Rawr XD"

lol yeah, I do wish they kept the removable back not just for battery reasons but also repairability. I haven't looked at the S5, but on the S4 pretty much everything was easy to replace if it broke. Aside from the screen, but then again how many flagship smartphones of this era don't have the LCD fused to the glass? :P

You would think they would want them to be separate so breaking one doesn't break the other.... Oh wait, then they can't make all the money from repairs  <_<

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

You would think they would want them to be separate so breaking one doesn't break the other.... Oh wait, then they can't make all the money from repairs  <_<

Oh right, solid point. 

Guess phone companies are taking a page out of the car companies' textbooks. Make everything difficult as hell to fix so that users are forced into costly repairs.  :ph34r:

"Rawr XD"

If the iPhone 6 wasn't so expensive, I think I'd just get that instead. I'm disappointed.

If the iPhone 6 wasn't so expensive, I think I'd just get that instead. I'm disappointed.

This and the iPhone are going to be the same price, especially now that Samsung is offering built in storage only versions

Well I doubt the 128GB model will be sold for the same ~$700 starting price as the 16GB iPhone 6, and the past Galaxy flagships which were all 16GB as well. The base 32GB S6 will likely be around the same cost as the iP6

"Rawr XD"

I kinda like the Edge. It looks cool. But really that's about it. Having going to be changing phone on June, I was hoping for a phone to really wow me, and HTC and Samsung have failed to do so. Looks like o have to wait for reviews and for the phones to land and get a own hands on the devices when i switch phones in June....hoepfully someone announces something spectacular before then else its gonna be a (bad) tough decision

I kinda like the Edge. It looks cool. But really that's about it. Having going to be changing phone on June, I was hoping for a phone to really wow me, and HTC and Samsung have failed to do so. Looks like o have to wait for reviews and for the phones to land and get a own hands on the devices when i switch phones in June....hoepfully someone announces something spectacular before then else its gonna be a (bad) tough decision

By then there may be the iPhone 6S on the way, who knows

"Rawr XD"

By then there may be the iPhone 6S on the way, who knows

If iOS could be used WITHOUT iTunes then I'll go for it. If not no go. Apples software is horrendous on a windows system

I'm fine with no removable battery, but no micro sd card slot? No thanks. and before you say i hate Samsung, no , i do actually use S3, i really love Touchwiz UI, but no SD card? GTFO

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I'm fine with no removable battery, but no micro sd card slot? No thanks. and before you say i hate Samsung, no , i do actually use S3, i really love Touchwiz UI, but no SD card? GTFO

Again another step backwards... While other companies like HTC and LG are adding MicroSD support, with the M8/M9 and G3 respectively, Samsung for some reason felt it's a good idea to remove it, one of the features that made Samsung devices a compelling option for many people....

"Rawr XD"

Samsung said they listened to consumers. Really?

Your consumers told you to remove microsd? Not have removable batteries? Glass backs that even Apple left behind? Even less waterproofing compared to the S5 or Sonys?

Really Samsung? Your consumers wanted that?

Sounds like a load of BS to me.

I don't understand how so many features were removed just because they went with a glass back. Xperia Z3 if I remember correctly, has a microsd slot and very impressive water proofing. 

I don't understand how so many features were removed just because they went with a glass back. Xperia Z3 if I remember correctly, has a microsd slot and very impressive water proofing. 

it does

people slate apple for not coming up with original ideas but this...... s4 front s5 rear, iPhone 4 glass back and iPhone frame.  pointless phone.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

TouchWizz is still terrible. The galaxy lineup is unusable. And they don't have Google Play editions of it i guess? and even if, they would be USA exclusive like last time? Too bad

we can hate it all we want,but touchwizz is a must for their phones.if they would use stock android half of the phone would be wasted

Your consumers told you to remove microsd? Not have removable batteries? Glass backs that even Apple left behind? Even less waterproofing compared to the S5 or Sonys?

yeah.who the hell wanted a glossy fingerprint magnet on the back

Edited by s3ns3

They is it that every phone launch I want to buy it. Oh well I'll wait till my one plus one starts to show its age which probably won't be anytime soon. I'll wait for note 5 :) telling from this the bigger version is going to be sexy.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Well you guys finally got what you were asking for. You've been whining since the original Galaxy S and Samsung at last caved in. Form over function to everyone!

In before the Galaxy S 6 gets fantastic reviews because reviewers are idiots and don't look at things objectively. Cares more about how much people think your phone cost than how well it actually works.

I hope Samsung comes to their senses and goes back to plastic.

I really don't care about the screen wrapping around the sides. Honestly, it just means you will have to tilt the phone a little to get optimal viewing of whatever little thing ends up on the edge.

They took the concept of curved displays and incorporated it backwards just because they can.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Well you guys finally got what you were asking for. You've been whining since the original Galaxy S and Samsung at last caved in. Form over function to everyone!

In before the Galaxy S 6 gets fantastic reviews because reviewers are idiots and don't look at things objectively. Cares more about how much people think your phone cost than how well it actually works.

I hope Samsung comes to their senses and goes back to plastic.

Well nobody was really asking for this.

Should've known better. Samsung can't even design a good plastic phone, how could they ever try their hand at premium materials. Guess good design only belongs to Apple/Sony and HTC a distant 3rd.

Really Samsung? Your consumers wanted that?

afaik they listened to consumers in the form of their software, and I do admit that TouchWiz has gotten much better with the release of the S5 and wouldn't be surprised if it got better still with the S6. Hardware-wise is a different story though, but I don't recall them saying anything about listening to consumers in terms of hardware/design

"Rawr XD"

Well nobody was really asking for this.

Should've known better. Samsung can't even design a good plastic phone, how could they ever try their hand at premium materials. Guess good design only belongs to Apple/Sony and HTC a distant 3rd.

People were asking for unibody aluminum phones. That's exactly what they gave you, with all the drawbacks of it.

Aluminum is one of the least premium materials out there. Aluminum is dirt cheap (cheaper than a lot of plastics in terms of cost for the material) and a terrible material to make phones out of.

Samsung's plastic phones are pretty well designed from a functionality POV. It's just a shame so many people care more about form over function.

People were asking for unibody aluminum phones. That's exactly what they gave you, with all the drawbacks of it.

Aluminum is one of the least premium materials out there. Aluminum is dirt cheap (cheaper than a lot of plastics in terms of cost for the material) and a terrible material to make phones out of.

Samsung's plastic phones are pretty well designed from a functionality POV. It's just a shame so many people care more about form over function.

seriously , when metal phones such as iphone fall and break because they are brittle , they don't bat an eye, but when Samsung plastic covers goes off the phone when it falls and avoids any breakage, they all say it's a cheap plastic phone , i really don't get peoples mentality , sure when S6 falls it's gonna bend n crak due to metal and people are gonna complain it breaks , the internet .ppfft 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

HTC a distant 3rd.

Other way around, sugar.

Aluminium is fine if you don't drop your phone or have a good case for it.

It looks great and HTC has proven it can be incorporated well into a phone.

That you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad.

You say it's dirt cheap, well awesome, it should serve to make the cost of an aluminium device lower. (not that HTC does that out of the gate)

I mean, it's not like because it is cheap it suddenly doesn't look)/feel good anymore. Metal just feels great.

Samsung plastic FEELS cheap but isn't, how is that any better? (except for not getting dents like aluminium)

Also just saying the most stupid thing they did with the s6 imo was QHD with a 2500 MaH battery.

Efficient CPU or no, that's not enough battery