Stay or Go?

Jumaqidi

Hey I am currently using the razer deathstalker essential 2014 and recently i have an offer of quite a cheap corsair k70? Shld I continue using my deathstalker or buy the k70 and try to sell my deathstalker?

k70 i great if you really wanna get stuck in and fiddle with some cool rgb colour effects :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Oh and i forgot to mention that the k70 is using the cherry mx brown switches. I also have another offer of the razer blackwidow ultimate 2013 at an even cheaper price.

k70 i great if you really wanna get stuck in and fiddle with some cool rgb colour effects :)

the k70 i am getting is non rgb haha

the k70 i am getting is non rgb haha

oh, whoops, sorry! I'v been so used to the k70 being talked about because of rgb that i forgot there was a normal version. :P 

In which case stay, in my opinion  :P 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

My previous keyboard (before my current, obviously) was the Razer deathstalker. I advise that you step up to the k70, it is a very noticeable improvement.

corsair k70 no question. first of all, it's not plastic like the deathstalker/blackwidow. secondly, cherry MX > kailh any day.

cherry MX brown is great too, because it's between blue and red. but overall, you won't regret getting the k70 and I'm not even a corsair fan !!

However I heard the k70 has some led issues? I am getting the red led one but someone said it only happens with the blue led one

Happens on both (I had a red one), Corsair claims to have fixed it on RGB, but I would trust them about as much as any "gaming" company, which is to say, not at all.

Do yourself a favor, save your money for a better brand, like Ducky, Das or WASD. Forget the "gaming" fad.

They did fix it. That's what the translucent switch housings are for, so the LED isn't exposed therefor isn't as prone to ESD (electrostatic discharge).

Read up on how they fixed it before assuming they're bullshitting when they say they fixed it. You don't see as many people complaining about burned out LEDs on the RGB models for a reason.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I wouldn't classify them as a gaming company, per se. They have a line of gaming products, but they aren't a company like Razer.

No matter whether we agree on what type of company they are, I don't think Corsair makes shitty (enough) products for them to deserve the Razer like status you're assigning them to of assuming everything that comes out of the factory is shitty. Nearly everything Corsair makes is fairly good, if not fantastic.

I say this as someone that doesn't own anything from Corsair, nor have I ever owned anything from Corsair. Just to disclaim that I'm not a fanboy or some shit.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I would say stay if it's not an RGB K70. =x

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

What abt a k95 non rgb? Ik its basically a k70 with macro keys and i can get it at a cheaper price than the k70 xD But it seems bulky to me. Will the led fade on tat?

I would say stay if it's not an RGB K70. =x

The only diff between the rgb and non rgb is only the lighting right...

The only diff between the rgb and non rgb is only the lighting right...

that's correct

What abt a k95 non rgb? Ik its basically a k70 with macro keys and i can get it at a cheaper price than the k70 xD But it seems bulky to me. Will the led fade on tat?

normally the k70 would be cheaper than the k95 (considering both are non rgb). if you have use for macros (or you can just get it anyway in case the macros come in handy in the near future), then go for it. But it's personal preference really, but I can tell you that normally the k95 costs more so if you can get it for even cheaper than the k70 then go for it, a few macro keys more won't hurt unless you are space restricted or something. I don't either keyboard so I can't tell you if the LED will fade or not (if you're talking about 'fade' as in malfunction and not 'fade' as in the lighting pattern, then im guessing that would be highly unlikely if it's bought brand new cause it's 2015 and most high end brands aren't dodgy anymore). I'm thinking of getting a k70 RGB with cherry MX brown switches when I build my new computer in 1-2 weeks time, can't wait ! 

The k95 uses red switches though and i am still a student so i type alot more than i game... Thats why i wanna use the brown switches

The k95 uses red switches though and i am still a student so i type alot more than i game... Thats why i wanna use the brown switches

that is fine, you can get the k70 with red backlighting. that one is brown switch and its good for gaming and typing !

Will the red switches be good for fast typing? I type pretty fast arnd 104wpm and i heard its easy to double press a key accidentally?

I'm using a non-RGB K70 at the moment.

I spent a little while using my friend's razor last night, and I have to say that it's defiantly a different feel to both boards.

The k70 is comparatively open-capped compared to razer's sunken caps - which offer a different typing style in itself. I would opt for the k70, but that's just my own bias coming into it.

The razer is still a quality board - but their company is certainly less reputable in comparison to corsair. That being said, their keyboards are not a bad product.

The k70 is more of a traditional 'type-writer' style of having raised and more defined caps, where the razer offers a flatter, more modern-looking interface.

Go for what you prefer for aesthetically, but changing it up with a keyboard is always good to improve your typing plasticity and also give you hands-on experience with different brands and what they have to offer - especially if you think you're getting it for a good price.

As a side note in defense of Corsair's non-RGB leds - reports of them being damaged is rare, and often due to abuse from the user. Static discharge is a non-issue.

I'd actually go so far as to recommend the k70 over the razer, again because of my bias due to my personal experience with each brand. My only suggestion would be to not go for MX reds on the K70, as the raised caps often result in a messy typist actuating several keys by accident on occasion...
Browns should be a nice choice, and would certainly be the ones I'd choose if I could turn back the clock.

corsair k70 no question. first of all, it's not plastic like the deathstalker/blackwidow. secondly, cherry MX > kailh any day.

cherry MX brown is great too, because it's between blue and red. but overall, you won't regret getting the k70 and I'm not even a corsair fan !!

What do you mean it's not plastic? What material does it use?

What do you mean it's not plastic? What material does it use?

k70 uses brushed aluminum, with UV printed caps.

The aluminum is not prone to fingerprinting because of the layout it is quite far from the keycap positions.

k70 is a solid board, and has some heft to it - attributing to it's type-writer persona.

k70 uses brushed aluminum, with UV printed caps.

The aluminum is not prone to fingerprinting because of the layout it is quite far from the keycap positions.

k70 is a solid board, and has some heft to it - attributing to it's type-writer persona.

Oh..

That's made me quite sad now.

Oh..

That's made me quite sad now.

Sad because you don't like aluminum, or sad because you didn't buy it? xD