Digital Multimeter recommendations

Go to solution Solved by Prastupok,

So i'm looking to buy a digital multimeter and i have came across this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EYYJQOO/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0001K9XKW&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=19GTTGE6QCHRNHXQB6J0

It looks pretty good but i have no idea on the subject of who makes good ones and who makes bad ones.

Basically when overclocking i want a more accurate readout for both my CPU and GPU (GPU mostly) since software such as GPU-Z isn't acknowledging any additional voltage when it is applied to my GPU. 

So, i have came here to see what kind of DMM you guys would recommend for measuring both CPU and GPU voltage levels. 

Max budget in GBP (£) would be around £30 (Can go higher but nothing that's stupidly expensive). UK only. 

Spec in sig.

If you can find a used Fluke, that's what I use, probably the best you can get.

So i'm looking to buy a digital multimeter and i have came across this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EYYJQOO/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0001K9XKW&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=19GTTGE6QCHRNHXQB6J0

It looks pretty good but i have no idea on the subject of who makes good ones and who makes bad ones.

Basically when overclocking i want a more accurate readout for both my CPU and GPU (GPU mostly) since software such as GPU-Z isn't acknowledging any additional voltage when it is applied to my GPU. 

So, i have came here to see what kind of DMM you guys would recommend for measuring both CPU and GPU voltage levels. 

Max budget in GBP (£) would be around £30 (Can go higher but nothing that's stupidly expensive). UK only. 

Spec in sig.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Spec in sig.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008RJQ33E/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=for £2.75(click on the 9 new) almost cheap as chips.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I'll look about for a used Fluke. How does the one in the OP look though?

Not sure about that cheapo one. People complaining about the build or other defects.  

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I don't think there is any multimeter that is under 400 new that will give you higher accuracy than the built in voltage measurement devices can give you. (maybe a used fluke, but you don't have anything to verify you calibration to so can't really trust it)

I don't think there is any multimeter that is under 400 new that will give you higher accuracy than the built in voltage measurement devices can give you. (maybe a used fluke, but you don't have anything to verify you calibration to so can't really trust it)

Fluke mms I've never lost calibration. I took it to get calibrated last year after 4 years... Nothing wrong. Op, Fluke is by far the best brand for this kind of tool, hands down.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum