All-in-one coolers: possible to customize?

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to build a custom PC case, and would like to go the water-cooling route with 2*120mm radiator cooler.  What I like about these all-in-ones is that it's completely closed loop, I don't have to worry about refilling or having separate pumps, blocks, reservoirs.  For this particular case I'm building, it would be impractical to have separate pump and reservoir due to small space.

My question is, if I want to use custom-length tubing, is it possible?

How do you refill it without having any air bubbles in the loop?

Alternate question:  Are there any all-in-one kits that don't come pre-filled, and I could cut (or replace) the tubes to length prior to install?

Or perhaps a CPU-block+pump (low profile) part that I can use with other custom water-cooling parts?

Thanks in advance!

Swiftech H220 to the rescue

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

It's possible, but very difficult. To eliminate air bubbles your going to have to get yourself a small res.

The main issue is going to be getting the tubing back on and watertight because they aren't standard barb or compression fittings, though I've seen it done before

Swiftech H220 to the rescue

Looks perfect - unfortunately looks to discontinued in USA due to lawsuit from Asetek (press release).

NCIX canada only lists the H220-X, which new radiator/reservoir design wouldn't work in my case idea.

Know anywhere to get the original H220 still ?

Looks perfect - unfortunately looks to discontinued in USA due to lawsuit from Asetek (press release).

NCIX canada only lists the H220-X, which new radiator/reservoir design wouldn't work in my case idea.

Know anywhere to get the original H220 still ?

somewhere where they sell used products - e.g. eBay

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile