I am not sure this is going to work ...

DeViLzzz

I left 2 X-Clamps, 14 bolts and screws and the play button off my Xbox 360 when I repaired it and put it back together.  I did put some washers on the motherboard but one fell out.  Anyone ever do a screwy piecing back together of something they were fixing and have it work?  I honestly just hope it runs properly and then I can look to at least getting the button attached to the Xbox 360 so it doesn't look super ghetto. LOL

Update: 3 red lights still ... guessing my Xbox 360 is officially dead .. but interesting it now switched to 2 red lights.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

What was wrong with it in the first place?

Can you not pull it apart and put it back together properly using a Youtube video?

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Bottom line is I ran it barebones just now and it does not work.  2 red lights.  I think I should have been more pro active than I was with this console.  I had done maintenance before and cleaned all the dust out of it when it was overheating and it solved the problem but then it started getting a bit hot on a few occasions.  I should have gotten into it long before this and applied thermal paste before this time.  If it wasn't such a ***** to deal and was a pc this never would have happened.  I am good at taking care of my pcs.

What was wrong with it in the first place?

Can you not pull it apart and put it back together properly using a Youtube video?

In regards to the YouTube videos I followed one I used before and when I got into the machine there was no real dust.  I then decided for sure the problems I had with this had to be directly linked to thermal paste related issues and so I did my best to get the bloody thing finally out of the case so I could apply thermal paste and in doing so I had all these damn parts around me and was tired and said f it.  Bottom line is I think the problem is I didn't take care of this sooner and again if this was a pc this would never have happened.  Much easier to get into a pc and get the work done than to get into a bloody console.

Now with it not working I am to figure out now what to do with all these parts including what could get me some money in scrap metal maybe.

Now with it not working I am to figure out now what to do with all these parts including what could get me some money in scrap metal maybe.

Not sure what the going rate for those is now but it might not be worth the effort to put it back together unless you know it'll work once you do. Maybe just get a new one?

If it was red-ringing occasionally before you took it apart there's a chance it might have been failing anyway :0/

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Not sure what the going rate for those is now but it might not be worth the effort to put it back together unless you know it'll work once you do. Maybe just get a new one?

If it was red-ringing occasionally before you took it apart there's a chance it might have been failing anyway :0/

Yeah it is not worth it to put it back together as it is surely dead.  As for getting another one I am going to try to trade stuff for one locally in the classifieds.

Funny thing is this died on me as soon as I found an EASHL team to play with finally in NHL 15 and it also died on my last day of Xbox Live.  Another strange thing is that I was playing way too much NHL 15 at the detriment of my own mental health and I was avoiding signing up for school and hiding from the world so maybe a higher power ... God maybe (I am not religious btw) killed it to send me on the right path.  LOL

... but I am sad and miss my Xbox 360 already :S

Funny thing is this died on me as soon as I found an EASHL team to play with finally in NHL 15 and it also died on my last day of Xbox Live.  Another strange thing is that I was playing way too much NHL 15 at the detriment of my own mental health and I was avoiding signing up for school and hiding from the world so maybe a higher power ... God maybe (I am not religious btw) killed it to send me on the right path.  LOL

... but I am sad and miss my Xbox 360 already :S

Dude, seriously, there are too many people on the internet who would tell you that that's actually a real reason. If there was any way it could be we would have been able to prove the existence of an external, influential, potentially influenceable and potentially omniscient force probably hundreds of years ago just through math and probability theory. Seriously, if what you're saying could be true and it was what people generally think of as "God" and it was at least vaguely what people believed "God" to be, we as a species would at least be communicating with him/her/it by now, at least through mass prayer spanning the entire globe. Also there'd be no dispute as to which is the correct religion (or at least the religion with the most powerful "external influencer" and therefore the best bet.)

Neither mathematicians nor bookies tend to give any favorable odds whatsoever on waiting waiting on miracles. It's a loosing proposition from top to bottom. :0/

Also, playing too much xbox to the detriment of your own health means you were probably stressing the machine heavily, maybe more heavily than you ever had before (especially since you were playing online multi-player). The fact that your xbox live membership was almost up probably also made the proposition of playing before it ran out more attractive causing you to play for maybe even longer than you might have done otherwise; which probably lead to over-stressing and failure of the xbox (which you said was also working at least intermittently before your xbox live subscription ran out and you decided to open it, clean it, and subsequently left half the parts outside the case laying on the floor causing it to give a different error message (additional to the one you were already getting))?

The rest is just attribution error and wanting to believe there's some kind of higher purpose or higher reason, not just because it mitigates the circumstances of having a broken xbox but because it might help you to deal with the emotions of having to sign up for school and go back out into the world rather than just engaging with the escapism of video gaming.

It's easy to do. When I saw the story about the super-huge black hole and the suggestion that it might make physics wrong I got an instant feeling of relief and hope because for a second I thought it might mean that science and probability might be wrong and that my life could actually get better (but I'm not about to run off and join the Moonies just yet). Magical thinking can be tempting (especially if it's taking you somewhere good (and not just because it feels good to loose sight of reality, like faith allows and which I understand is considered by many to be it's own reward)) but unfortunately magical thinking is just a term for a viewpoint that arguably just consists of "positive denial" and mild psychosis (if the psychosis were any heavier it basically could be thought of as mental illness).

:0/

...but anyway...I want to play some stunt G.P.

Edit: I know you probably just meant it as a joke but it's an interesting exercise to look at stuff like this anyway (and there are always going to be people out there that will read what you wrote and actually believe it to be some kind of divine intervention. You can show them as much of the logic and the science and the statistics, the probabilities etc. for as long as you like and they'll even double down and go as far as to tell you that's all a conspiracy to protect their belief and to protect their identity, and to protect themselves from a reality they just don't want to have to look at. It's a pretty messed up situation). 

For me, it comes down to this: if you don't want to look at all of the information and all of the possible reasons for all of this yourself but would prefer to blindly trust a given group of people that are just telling you what to think and believe, personally I'd want those people to be rational scientists. Obviously that doesn't come with a side-order of disillusion of life everlasting in paradise but hey, at least you're actually seeing things more clearly, and so will probably be able to make better decisions for the time you do have.