3DMark GPU Clock

Jamdude

My GPU OC isn't displaying on 3DMark Firestrike results, it just shows the base clock.  I'm monitoring everything using AMD CCC and GPU-Z and it looks as though the overclocked core clock doesn't jump to full speed as soon as the card is put under load, it takes about 15 or 20 seconds to slowly work its way up to the max clock.  Anyone have any ideas why this is or how to fix it?

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

What software are you using for overclocking?

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

My GPU OC isn't displaying on 3DMark Firestrike results, it just shows the base clock.  I'm monitoring everything using AMD CCC and GPU-Z and it looks as though the overclocked core clock doesn't jump to full speed as soon as the card is put under load, it takes about 15 or 20 seconds to slowly work its way up to the max clock.  Anyone have any ideas why this is or how to fix it?

I know that it's normal for 3DMark to diusplay the wrong clock, it does that for all of my stuff too. I've never seen the core clock thing before though. Does it do it in games too or just 3DMark?

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

Do you have GPU-Z? If you do, check the GPU from there.

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

What software are you using for overclocking?

AMD CCC and Sapphire TriXX

I know that it's normal for 3DMark to diusplay the wrong clock, it does that for all of my stuff too. I've never seen the core clock thing before though. Does it do it in games too or just 3DMark?

It's not noticeable when playing games but it is when running benchmarks that immediately put full load on my card.

Do you have GPU-Z? If you do, check the GPU from there.

Yes, that's what I'm using to monitor the clocks.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

AMD doesn't really have a way to force max performance like nVidia does. Hell, I don't even think nVidia forces max OCs either; only max "stock" clocks, and OCs kick in if the game needs more than that.

Unless you flash the vBIOS with an OC and an increased voltage you know is stable.

But you probably wouldn't want to bother with that. Leave that to us laptop users who actually need to do it =D

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

If the GPU-Z tells you the overclocked clock one then there's a probability that 3DMark gives you wrong info.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

AMD doesn't really have a way to force max performance like nVidia does. Hell, I don't even think nVidia forces max OCs either; only max "stock" clocks, and OCs kick in if the game needs more than that.

Unless you flash the vBIOS with an OC and an increased voltage you know is stable.

But you probably wouldn't want to bother with that. Leave that to us laptop users who actually need to do it =D

Yea I don't feel comfortable doing that haha. This is the first time I'm trying to push my card to its limits and I haven't seen the core clock act like this previously.

If the GPU-Z tells you the overclocked clock one then there's a probability that 3DMark gives you wrong info.

Alright, that's fine then.  My only problem now is the core clock not increasing immediately. 

I don't think that 3DMark shows your OC results. I oced my 970 to 1.5Ghz but in the 3DMark result it shows as "1311Mhz core clock". I think that this is GPU-Boost related

I have had a 270x (Boost clock being 1070Mhz)

Yet 3Dmark would ONLY be locked to 1020Mhz....Would not actually 'throttle', like... jump up or down, a steady locked 1020Mhz...

3Dmark being weird.

If I actually OC'd myself it would change, must have read the boost clock profiles wrong...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz