buying a new GPU :D <3

kennethfage

Can you link us to these cards? You've peaked my interest.

The 290xs I bought? Afraid not. Cheapest they're going for now is around £280 each (mine were £200 each).

The reality is simple; the vram controversy has driven demand for 290(x)s, prices have risen, and now both cost very close to what a 970 does. At least in the UK.

I would personally recommend ASUS or EVGA - however, I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. Get whatever is cheapest.

you mind telling (if you know :)what a asus or evga comes with ? :) the way i see it msi can be good if you want low nosie and the gigabtye got the Card with more most raw power :)

Asus strix, very quiet and great overclocker

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

personally id get a r9 290x, cheaper than a 970, and in most cases outperforms it. Also you won't always have the ramgate stigmatism and knowing you're only really getting 3.5gb ram for you money.

I already went through this in another thread but what the hell, the 290x is significantly more expensive than the 970 unless you refer to the PowerColor one which is the same price as the cheaper 970s. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Edit: In the US

personally id get a r9 290x, cheaper than a 970, and in most cases outperforms it. Also you won't always have the ramgate stigmatism and knowing you're only really getting 3.5gb ram for you money.

290x are now more expensive than a 970. :|

-----------------------

Get G1 970 and if you need more power, get a second one for SLI. Vram problem will be a thing in the past; DX12/Mantle will be able to combine the vrams of SLI/xfire.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

I already went through this in another thread but what the hell, the 290x is significantly more expensive than the 970 unless you refer to the PowerColor one which is the same price as the cheaper 970s. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Edit: In the US

op doesn't state a currency and or does it state location on the mobile forum..

in the UK it's almost £100 cheaper for a 290x.. so it's not misinformation.. America isn't the only country in the world and not everyone from the forum is American!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

-----------------------

Get G1 970 and if you need more power, get a second one for SLI. Vram problem will be a thing in the past; DX12/Mantle will be able to combine the vrams of SLI/xfire.

see my above post...

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

in the UK it's almost £100 cheaper for a 290x.. so it's not misinformation.. America isn't the only country in the world and not everyone from the forum is American!

So you assume he is from the UK? I think it is more likely the user is from the US or Canada, don't assume he is in the minority. :/

Expensive in Canada as well...........

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

So you assume he is from the UK? I think it is more likely the user is from the US or Canada, don't assume he is in the minority. :/

I didn't assume he was from anywhere I just suggested a card based on the economy of my country. Youll find everyone on this forum does that unless they know what country the OP is from.

and in fact in almost every 290x vs 970 thread people always suggest the 290x because of price, so that must mean the minorities must be a majority after all!!

I didn't assume he was from anywhere I just suggested a card based on the economy of my country. Youll find everyone on this forum does that unless they know what country the OP is from.

and in fact in almost every 290x vs 970 thread people always suggest the 290x because of price, so that must mean the minorities must be a majority after all!!

Or people are misinformed because the 290x was cheaper about 2 weeks ago, in fact I pointed this out in another thread and they were surprised about the price change meaning they were obviously out of date on them.

ALSO LOL

Just checked the prices in the UK

Cheapest 970: http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125706&cm_re=970-_-14-125-706-_-Product

Cheapest 290x:http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150675&cm_re=290x-_-14-150-675-_-Product

970 I would actually recommend: http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121899

290x I would actually recommend: http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202079&cm_re=290x-_-14-202-079-_-Product

The 970 is cheaper in the UK too...

-----------------------