buying a new GPU :D <3

kennethfage

i was thinking a GIGABYTE GTX 970 or a GTX 970 MSI Twin (not sure its the right name :P but the one that is half red and Black)

what do you ppl think? :) got any better Cards? or any better 970's ?

personally id get a r9 290x, cheaper than a 970, and in most cases outperforms it. Also you won't always have the ramgate stigmatism and knowing you're only really getting 3.5gb ram for you money.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

ive heard that alot of people like the Gigabyte version. so i would go with that. look up some reviews on each card, all cards have some pros and cons.

I myself use Gainward.

i was thinking a GIGABYTE GTX 970 or a GTX 970 MSI Twin (not sure its the right name :P but the one that is half red and Black)

I like EVGA the best.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

i've been enjoying my asus 970 a lot (also: backplate) i cant speak for other brands, but i dont even hear my GPU in valley benchmark... (define r5 no window, under my desk)

Don't listen to the people (cough, AMD fanboys) who are mentioning "Ramgate, 3.5GB etc etc". For 1080p and even 1440p, it'll do you fine.

MSI. Because backplates are swag value only, and MSI is more silent.

Depends n color scheme

what if i say i dont really have any?

Don't listen to the people (cough, AMD fanboys) who are mentioning "Ramgate, 3.5GB etc etc". For 1080p and even 1440p, it'll do you fine.

yea i know :)

personally id get a r9 290x, cheaper than a 970, and in most cases outperforms it. Also you won't always have the ramgate stigmatism and knowing you're only really getting 3.5gb ram for you money.

the one i have right now got 1.25gb ram and i cant use all of it anywaay :D so dont think ill be needing that last 0.5gb

Why does there have to be one of you in every thread?  :rolleyes:

what if i say i dont really have any?

Gigabyte bro ably gives better silence (cause I think the Msi has only one fan turn off) and cooling since it has triple (what look like good) fans and unless you got the x3 edition then the twin FROZR may perform better

EVGA 970 is nice so far but noisy as hell. Just a forewarning.

Gigabyte G1 Gaming all the way. Newegg has it for $354 shipped right now, which is $10 less than it usually sells for. It's also on average the best 970 on the market for overclocking.

Which one? I have the EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 and it's pretty quiet when gaming. Does your's have coil whine?

I got the SSC ACX 2.0. Yeah it has a pretty obnoxious coil whine to it. I'm going to go exchange it this week for another to see if its a consistent issue with that particular model.

I myself had a G1 Gaming 970 but I returned it because I could get 2 290xs for £90 more. (PCS+ editions)

Single 970 vs 290x - you'll struggle to see any real difference while gaming. Both are very fast, and I cannot complain about drivers on either side. At the same price and for 1080p I'd say the 970 edges it slightly, but if you can get a quality 290x for significantly less it is worth considering that too.

I would personally recommend ASUS or EVGA - however, I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. Get whatever is cheapest.

I myself had a G1 Gaming 970 but I returned it because I could get 2 290xs for £90 more. (PCS+ editions)

Can you link us to these cards? You've peaked my interest.

Why does there have to be one of you in every thread? :rolleyes:

one of what? a fan boy? I currently own an nvidia card so I don't fit into that category.

I was simply pointing out you can get better performance for less from another brand that doesn't have a current stigmatism attached to it. anyone who knows about the 970 vram issue will now think before buying one. its less of a blind purchase based on specs and reviews now because there's bin this uproar.

personally I don't see it as an issue it still performs as well as the reviews said it does... but I'd rather pay less for a product that gives me more...

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

one of what? a fan boy? I currently own an nvidia card so I don't fit into that category.

I was simply pointing out you can get better performance for less from another brand that doesn't have a current stigmatism attached to it. anyone who knows about the 970 vram issue will now think before buying one. its less of a blind purchase based on specs and reviews now because there's bin this uproar.

personally I don't see it as an issue it still performs as well as the reviews said it does... but I'd rather pay less for a product that gives me more...

One of you simply meant any person who faced with 2 options presents a third choice that's all, i just see so many of these threads where someone asks for help deciding between 2 things only to be pushed towards a third thing they didn't mention in the original post.

Most people will say A or B as per the persons question but there is always someone that wants to add C into the equation lol 

Just to be clear, had the OP asked for help deciding between two AMD cards and you were to chime in and suggest the Nvidia alternative i still would have chuckled to myself and responded the same way :) 

One of you simply meant any person who faced with 2 options presents a third choice that's all, i just see so many of these threads where someone asks for help deciding between 2 things only to be pushed towards a third thing they didn't mention in the original post.

Most people will say A or B as per the persons question but there is always someone that wants to add C into the equation lol

Just to be clear, had the OP asked for help deciding between two AMD cards and you were to chime in and suggest the Nvidia alternative i still would have chuckled to myself and responded the same way :)

op clearly asked and I quote "got any better cards" as well as asking about other 970 variants.

sooo I'm not being awkward or difficult and or throwing other options into the works. I simply read the original post :)